One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the…

One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table (edition 2017)

by Molly Gilbert (Author)

192780,497 (3.25)None
Member:rkaine
Title:One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table
Authors:Molly Gilbert (Author)
Info:Clarkson Potter (2017), 256 pages

One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table by Molly Gilbert

I am a huge fan of easy, one pot/pan cooking, so I was very excited to get my hands on [b:One Pan & Done: Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table|30213118|One Pan & Done Hassle-Free Meals from the Oven to Your Table|Molly Gilbert|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1474503756s/30213118.jpg|50667228]. My first reaction was that the book itself is beautiful, with outstanding photographs, charming layout, very stylish font and great use of color within the recipes to make each dish look like it would be a treat to cook as well as eat. This book was a very beautifully finished showpiece.

The beginning of each section lists the recipes to be found within, alongside an elegant little illustration of which 'one pan' should be used to make the recipe. There are many different pans and pots used in the book, with each recipe needing just one. They include sheet pans, cast iron skillets, Dutch ovens, baking dishes, muffin tins, and cake, pie, tart, loaf and bundt pans.

So, this book is not for those who are drastically downsizing to only one cooking pot or pan, rather it helps simplify cooking and cleaning up after a meal by reducing the pans that you would cook with. Sounds like a great idea to me! While I do love cooking more involved recipes that take hours and are the definition of 'fiddly,' I do not love doing that every single day. It is a nice break to find an easy, effective, delicious recipe.

Using the book to cook is fun and easy, and the range of recipes is great for cooking at home for your family. All meals are included, as well as desserts, snacks and sides. The main dishes are (for me) helpfully divided into Veggie, Poultry, Fish and Meat, so I can happily go straight to the vegetarian entrees without wading through the pages of things that I would not be of interest to me.

OK, now to my favorite part of the review: recipes I am impatient to try! How about Warm Buttermilk Doughnut Muffins? Or Portobello and Black Bean Chili? And I cannot forget those obscenely delicious looking Halfway Cookie Bites! There are recipes to satisfy every palate. And they are suitable for all cooking skill levels.

This book would be a great (and beautiful) present for individuals or families. Recipes are quick, easy and have little cleanup required. ( )
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
Two years ago, we moved into a new home where 3 out of 4 burners on our stove were kaput, and our oven unreliable. Though we're in the process of renovations now, I became an expert on one pot cooking, since essentially, I only had one working element with which to cook. This is a nice collection of full cooking, from breakfast through all mealtimes and on to dessert. The few recipes I've tried so far have been tasty, though some were a little bland for our tastes, but I'll follow my instincts when cooking them next to add some of our favorite spices to kick flavors up. All in all, a fine addition to the shelf.

Thank you to Blogging for books and to the publishers for sending me my copy. ( )
  bookczuk | Mar 12, 2017 |

"In One Pan & Done, Molly Gilbert shows you how to use your oven to your advantage, letting it do most of the work to turn out juicy, crispy roasts, succulent vegetables, rich stews, flaky fish, and, of course, sweet treats. Think of it as fast slow-cooking, but with the benefits of baking, roasting, and broiling for concentrated, intense flavor every time. The best part is that with Molly's simple, hands-off recipes, you'll have time to savor your meal and enjoy your company. Whether you're an over-scheduled parent, a busy young professional, or even an accomplished cook, you deserve food that's big on flavor, but simple on steps. With Molly's recipes, you get in the kitchen, and you get out. Kick the oven door shut as you walk away--your meal is One Pan & Done,"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,537,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible