Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set-Apart…

Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set-Apart Young Woman

by Leslie Ludy

This book talks to young women about pursuing Jesus as their all-in-all, above all else. It gives practical advice for how to do this, and gives examples of why it’s wise.

There are also three short sections written by Leslie’s husband Eric about how to encourage the men in your life to become “warrior poets”.

Overall, this book was good. I think it is a great guide for young women, and a good reminder for women who are a bit older (like myself). ( )
  mizbooks | Jan 8, 2013 |
Ms Ludy really is a beautiful writer. I think, even if I disagreed with all her opinions, I’d still admire her gift of expression. Actually, I don’t disagree with the majority of her thoughts so to read this beautifully written book is always a treat.
Ms Ludy was a fairly typical teen when she started an exceptional journey with her Prince – Jesus – who took the pen of her life and wrote a beautiful romance for her and her husband Eric. The way He led her was demanding and, she freely admits, not for everyone. Is it for me? Well, every year or so I reread this book and move a little further along the path. Sometimes I go backwards. Sometimes I get stuck. But Ms Ludy emphasises Jesus’ infinite faithfulness to every woman and that’s something I can hold onto.
Reread January 2012
  notjustlaura | Jun 17, 2011 |
Helps a girl realize the inportance of her Verginity ( )
  ShellSingle | Aug 18, 2009 |
Leslie Ludy ponders how women can live up to their Christian aspirations of becoming a woman set apart for Christ. It's sometimes saccharine, a bit too much for my tastes, but has some useful thoughts. ( )
  dallasblue | Dec 31, 2005 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159052991X, Paperback)

Inside Every Young Woman is a Princess…In Search of her Prince

In a culture that mocks our longing for tender romance, in a world where fairy tales never seem to come true — do we dare hope for more? For every young woman asking that question, this book is an invitation. With refreshing candor and vulnerability, bestselling author Leslie Ludy reveals how, starting today, you can experience the passion and intimacy you long for. You can begin a never-ending love story with your true Prince. Discover the authentic beauty of a life fully set-apart for Him. Experience a romance that will transform every part of your existence and fulfill the deepest longings of your feminine heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:14 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,487,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible