Sanity's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal…

Sanity's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal Thriller (Eric Beckman Series…

by Al Macy

A private investigator that reads minds, a time traveling wife, undercover work in a mental hospital… do I have your interest? Eric Beckman is not your typical private eye. He can read your mind. And his wife is a reformed thief who has time traveled into his time. Now Eric must help his wife find a missing relative by going undercover in a mental hospital. Easy!
An entertaining read. I was provided a copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  angbenton | Apr 26, 2017 |
This is the first Al Macy book I have read. From the first page this book had me hooked! The characters were interesting and very likable and he didn't overindulge on their backstories. From the main character to his wife to the psychiatric patients and more, there are so many stories told yet they all combine rather well without being overwhelming. The plot was fascinating and believable. I truly enjoyed this book and read it almost non-stop. I can't wait to read his other Eric Beckman book now. I received a copy of this book through LibraryThing giveaway. ( )
  barmecidal | Apr 20, 2017 |
This is an entertaining and easy read. The characters are personable and decently developed including those encountered in passing. The near future does not jar. The paranormal is acceptable. The pace and plot are good. I received this as a LibraryThing Member GiveAway. Thank you. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Apr 3, 2017 |
4/5 Stars

This is a good psychological mystery, with a bit of fantasy/sci-fi mixed in. As part of an investigation, the main character has to infiltrate a questionable psychiatric facility filled with patients who all suffer from interesting mental illnesses. I've read about some of the disorders in the literature and the portrayals ring true. It was fascinating to learn more about these disorders as the motley crew of characters work together, to the best of their abilities.

There are a few story lines interweaving through this book, with one strand leading into another. One of them ends in a bit of a cliff-hanger, so I'll have to check out the next book in the series. Sanity's Thief is a fast and interesting adventure/mystery, with lots of action, humour, and surprises.

Summary: Recommended to anyone interesting in psychology, mysteries and the difficulties of time travel.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book on LibraryThing, in exchange for a fair review. Cross-posted on GoodReads, LibraryThing and Amazon. ( )
  SukiSu | Apr 1, 2017 |
I read a book of Al Macy before, which made me ask for this one. Although a second book, I could read it without preknowledge.
Lovely main characters, thrilling plotlines, unbelievable yet believable: I loved it.
  Corrie57 | Mar 29, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,901,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible