Spare Change by Robert B Parker

Spare Change (edition 2008)

by Robert B Parker

Member:Randal37
Title:Spare Change
Authors:Robert B Parker
Info:No Exit Press (2008), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Spare Change by Robert B. Parker

Odd book...Sunny finds the bad guy within the first 10% of the book and then spends the rest of the book trying to prove it...not good/not bad...just different.

Same great characters minus Richie & Jesse.

None of the Sunny Randall books are great but they are what they are and there are times when I don't want anything more than a fast read with great characters that is impossible to be around.

Robert B. Parker will be missed - he's one of the greats. ( )
  ferrisscottr | Jun 18, 2013 |
Sunny's back and this time she's working with her father to solve a serial killer case. We know the answer to who the killer is quite early in the book, so the tension comes from the search for enough evidence to arrest him and from Sunny's therapeutic quest for answers to her relationship problems. This time it's all about fathers and children in both the case and therapy. Another enjoyable outing although I'm pretty ready for Sunny's relationship with her ex-husband Richie to be resolved one way or the other. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
My first Sunny Randall book, but the sixth in the series. Sunny knows Jesse Stone and a lot of police from the Spenser series show up. It's more a procedural story than a mystery and was what I was in the mood for---easy reading. ( )
  raizel | Oct 24, 2011 |
I'd read a hard copy of this book, when it first came out, but picked this up at my favorite Franklin NC Independent BookStore, BooKs Unlimited, to keep us entertained for the ride back to Charleston. Robert B Parker didn't disappoint, and neither did the reader, Kate Burton. It was the first Sunny Randall story that my husband had encountered, and he chuckled a lot when he stumbled into familiar characters from the Spencer series. ( )
  bookczuk | May 10, 2011 |
I like the idea of a father/daughter detective team. I enjoyed the mystery but it didn't grab me like I hoped. I will likely give Sunny another chance, though! ( )
  deltadawn | Aug 17, 2010 |

Robert B. Parkerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Joan: once in a lifetime
I sat with my father at the kitchen table and looked at the old crime-scene photographs.

Boston P.I. Sunny Randall joins forces with the most important man in her life-her father-to crack a thirty-year-old case.

Hi Phil, You miss me? I got bored, so I thought I'd reestablish our relationship. Give us both something to do in our later years. Stay tuned. Spare Change

Sunny is certain that she's found her man after interviewing just a handful of suspects. Though she has no evidence against Bob Johnson, she trusts her intuition. And she knows the power she has over him-she can feel the skittishness and sexual tension that he radiates when he's around her-but persuading her father and the rest of the task force is a different story.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:51 -0400)

"When a serial murderer dubbed "The Spare Change Killer" by the Boston press surfaces after three decades in hiding, the police immediately seek out the cop, now retired, who headed the original task force: Phil Randall. As a sharp-eyed investigator and a doting parent ("You're smart. You're tough. You, too, are a paradigm of law enforcement perfection, and you're my kid"), Phil calls on his daughter, Sunny, to help catch the criminal who eluded him so many years before.""After interviewing just a handful of suspects, Sunny is certain that she's found her man. Though she has no evidence against Bob Johnson, she trusts her intuition. And she knows the power she has over him - she can feel the skittishness and sexual tension that he radiates when he's around her - but persuading her father and the rest of the task force is a different story. When the killer strikes a second and third time, the murders take a macabre turn, as the victims each eerily resemble Sunny. While her father pressures her to drop the case, Sunny's need to create a trap to nab her killer grows. In a compelling game of cat-and-mouse, Sunny uses all her skills to draw out her prey, realizing too late that she's setting herself up to become the next victim."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,320,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible