Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis

Lost and Found Sisters

by Jill Shalvis

Series: Wildstone (1)

While there is a romance between Mick and Quinn this story is more about sisters, a woman who lost one sister and discovered she was adopted and had another sister. The other trying to deal with the loss of a mother and being afraid to love a sister she only just met. Sweet and quirky.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Lost and Found Sisters If there was one book that needs to be read, I would say it's Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis. Ms. Shalvis has a way of getting under the skin and setting up residence within the tight confines of the heart. Quinn's quest of self - discovery is littered with loss, grief, secrets and answers to questions she never thought to ask. Lost and Found Sisters is not just a novel about the bond between sisters. It is the road map of a courageous woman looking to find her way home. An eye - opening, uplifting experience. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Still reeling from the pain of losing her sister, sous chef Quinn Weller is just trying to get with life, with a gigantic hole in her heart, despite her fabulous job, car, and sort of boy friend.

But when a lawyer arrives and reveals secrets, it blows her whole world apart! But it also leads her on a journey, That changes everything.

I'm thrilled to be reading another Jill Shalvis book, as a relatively new fan, I'm still blown away by her style of writing, and Lost and Found Sisters take it to a while new level for me.

The character depth is astounding! But that just makes the book even more wonderful to read. I love the way the author has taken Such hard topics, and woven them into a story, with such heart and feeling. And through her writing, she has expressed how the character's feel, and has made the reader feel that too!

And when it comes to the character's, you can't help but love Quinn, and her wackiness, seeing the spirit of her deceased sister, her "fowl" mishaps, and meeting Mick Hennessey, and mistaking him for a maintenance man. And when it comes to Mick Hennessey, you can't help but admire Mick drive, and freeing himself from the pain of the past. And there are SO many others I could tell you about, but that would spoil the story! I think the only character I struggled with, is Quinn's Mom, she just doesn't seem compassionate in the beginning, but I'm glad that changed.

Lost and Found Sister is a brilliant start to the new Wildstone series and that is why I'm giving it 5 stars!, and now I'm impatient for the next book in the series
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis
Series: Wildstone, Book 1

4 Stars - I quite enjoyed this story. I was hesitant because there was talk of her writing a different type of book but this was very much a Shalvis book and I wasn't disappointed. Mick and Quinn were great together. I enjoyed watching Quinn work through her new relationship with Tilly. There were some good laughs and some touching moments. I happily recommend this book.

~Paragraphs and Petticoats~ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
A different take from Jill Shalvis. The romance takes back seat on this one to the relationship between Quinn and her newly discovered sister. An easy read that kept me reading through the night. Plenty of warmth along with family drama and Ms. Shalvis's signature wit. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Dec 12, 2017 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, KarenReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
No author writes in a vacuum. It takes a village and all that. And this one is my village:
Alpha Man, Oldest, Middle, Youngest, Special Edition and The Boy(s).
Thanks for understanding me and letting me do my thing, love you all.
I walk around like everything is fine but deep down inside my shoe my sock is sliding off.
-- from "The Mixed-Up Files of Tilly Adams's Journal"

Here was the thing: life sucked if you let it.

From New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis comes her first women's fiction novel—an unforgettable story of friendship, love, family, and sisterhood—perfect for fans of Colleen Hoover, Susan Mallery, and Kristan Higgins.

They say life can change in an instant…

After losing her sister in a devastating car accident, chef Quinn Weller is finally getting her life back on track. She appears to have it all: a loving family, a dream job in one of L.A.'s hottest eateries, and a gorgeous boyfriend dying to slip an engagement ring on her finger. So why does she feel so empty, like she's looking for a missing piece she can't find?

The answer comes when a lawyer tracks down Quinn and reveals a bombshell secret and a mysterious inheritance that only she can claim. This shocking revelation washes over Quinn like a tidal wave. Her whole life has been a lie.

On impulse, Quinn gives up her job, home, and boyfriend. She heads up the coast to the small hometown of Wildstone, California, which is just a few hours north, but feels worlds apart from Los Angeles. Though she doesn't quite fit in right away, she can't help but be drawn to the town’s simple pleasures…and the handsome, dark-haired stranger who offers friendship with no questions asked.

As Quinn settles into Wildstone, she discovers there's another surprise in store for her. The inheritance isn't a house or money, but rather something earthshattering, something that will make her question everything she thought she knew about herself, about her family. Now with a world of possibilities opening up to Quinn, she must decide if this new life is the one she was always meant to have—and the one that could finally give her the fulfillment she's searched so long for.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 17 Jan 2017 07:02:47 -0500)

Quinn Weller meets Carolyn in a coffee shop. A month later she travels to Wildstone, CA, to meet Tilly, the sister she never knew, and settle the estate of that same Carolyn, who it turns out was her biological mother.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,431,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible