Spells & Sleeping Bags by Sarah Mlynowski

Spells & Sleeping Bags

by Sarah Mlynowski

3302033,462 (4.13)1

Miri and Rachel go to camp and Rachel immediately hits it off with the girls in her bunk (except Liana), enjoying time with Raf and just enjoying the summer now that she is finally a witch. Miri on the other hand is not enjoying herself at all. She doesn't fit in and just isn't enjoying the great outdoors. And then there's Liana, she is a lot more then what she seems.

Another fun and sometimes stressful read. There were some things that I definitely knew were going to happen but for the most part if was a lot of fun so I can forgive that and the "oh my god why would you do that" feeling this sometimes elicits in me. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
When Rachel and her sister spend the summer at Camp Wood Lake, Rachel finds she's having a hard time controlling her new witch powers. Not only does she manage to zap her clothes away, but her cabin has a backstabber who's trying to make her life miserable and root out any of her secrets. Can Rachel get her powers under control without alerting the backstabber?

A funny new twist on an old plot. The characters are enjoyable. The setting is well-crafted. Readers who like magic, realistic fiction, and humor will enjoy reading this book. ( )
1 vote kiramoody | Nov 2, 2011 |

At long last, Rachel's powers have arrived and she's a bona fide get-your-broom-ready witch! And it's happened just in time. No Manhattan for her this summer—she's spending her vacation at Camp Wood Lake.

But she's having some serious issues:

Mosquitoes in the Adirondacks are incredibly thirsty.

Her stepmom keeps sending embarrassing feminine hygiene care packages.

She accidentally zapped away all her clothes.

And there's a backstabber in her cabin intent on making life miserable.

Good thing Rachel's a witch.

But she's having some serious issues:

Mosquitoes in the Adirondacks are incredibly thirsty.

Her stepmom keeps sending embarrassing feminine hygiene care packages.

She accidentally zapped away all her clothes.

And there's a backstabber in her cabin intent on making life miserable.

Good thing Rachel's a witch.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:50 -0400)

Rachel and her younger sister, both witches, spend the summer at Camp Wood Lake, where Rachel tries to have a normal camp experience while surreptitiously honing her newly discovered talents.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,248,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible