Wolfie and Fly by Cary Fagan

Wolfie and Fly

by Cary Fagan

Recently added bywrightja2000, arak, rwlmc, pvlmc, bflmc

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Initially, viewing the cover, my 6 year old was skeptical, but he ended up laughing and loving it. The characters are fun and their world is inviting. I would recommend it for kids around first grade. ( )
  SandSing7 | May 18, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a pleasant book to read as it avoided many stereotypes based on Gender. As far as friends go, there is someone for everybody. Being alone is fine but playing with someone is also fun. I would imagine that other Wolfie and Fly books have similar, entertaining adventures. ( )
  MunozNY | May 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I appreciated the basic idea of this book, finding unexpected friendships, using imagination and creativity to handle challenges, and discovering adventures in unlikely places. I thought the visual layout and general appearance of the book was engaging for the recommended age. However, as a parent, I was disappointed to find the main character had little to no respect for her parents. She threw tantrums to get what she wanted, such as not going somewhere with her parents. This resulted in her being left home alone at a young age (I think 8yrs old?). I would not recommend this book as I think young kids need to read books with lead characters that respect kind and loving parents, or show negative consequences for bratty behavior. Side note: I was confused by the parents that stopped for ice cream when their daughter was in danger and they were "rushing" home?

I received a copy of this book from Early Reviewers. Thank you! ( )
  MKCagle | May 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a sweet little chapter book! Wolfie and Fly are both outsiders and both extraordinarily creative. One day Wolfie decides to build a submarine in her living room, and Fly invites himself in to play along. A daring underwater adventure helps each understand the other better. Could this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship? Probably: another adventure is coming soon.

A great pick for classrooms with an emphasis on emotional intelligence and anti-bullying programming. ( )
  laVermeer | Apr 29, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. Whenever kids use their imagination and have fun, there is always a warm feeling inside. ( )
  Carolibrarian | Apr 28, 2018 |

Wolfie, a lone wolf who does not like using her imagination, reluctantly befriends Fly, a slightly weird and wordy boy, and soon they find themselves navigating through deep water in a submarine made from a cardboard box.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Cary Fagan's book Wolfie and Fly: Band on the Run is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cary Fagan's book Wolfie and Fly was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,990,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible