Good Boy (WAGs) by Elle Kennedy

Good Boy (WAGs) (edition 2017)

by Elle Kennedy (Author)

Series: WAGS (1)

Hosting her brother's wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning's life. Already the family screw-up, she can't afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs. Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate's gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he's the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he's facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he's really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you've got to make an effort if you want to score. But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?… (more)
Member:Marilyn95
Title:Good Boy (WAGs)
Authors:Elle Kennedy (Author)
Info:Rennie Road Books (2017), 282 pages
Rating:***

Good Boy by Sarina Bowen

The best description for this book/series in 10 words or less:
"Girl figuring out life finds herself attracted to hockey player."

The main female lead, Jess Canning, should be a comfort to a lot of people. She hasn't really done anything in her life and she hasn't really found her knack for something. She feels like a failure when it comes to seeing her other five brothers and sisters with their successes. She just wants to be able to say that she didn't depend on her parents for her success. She is very strong as she doesn't run away or give up while she is in nursing school and continues to fight even through uncertainty. I wasn't a fan of Blake Riley's character at all. He's very immature and the way he acts reminds me of a high school student.

This book really concentrates on hockey, and the way the characters act in this is exactly how I have seen hockey games. People act a little crazy at these games and try to encourage the players to play a little too rough.

The novel states the LGBT issues by showing Jess's little brother, Jamie, get married to one of the hockey players, Wesley, at the beginning of the book. Their relationship is seen throughout the novel.

In general, I did not like the writing style because it felt like there was there were two different writing styles happening at the same time. This is probably because there are two different authors who wrote this book.

Refer to my blog for a different view of this review:

Check out other books in my personal library for reviews and recommendations:
https://literarymary.libib.com/ ( )
  Marilyn95 | Jul 2, 2020 |
I’m giving this book 3 starts just because BLAKE RILEY is THAT MAN and he deserves everything good in this world
  primordialnyx | Jun 24, 2020 |
Good Boy
WAGs, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: These two authors make magic when they write together.

The Characters:

Blake Riley:
Jess Canning:

The Story:

I wasn’t ready for the end of this book. I was enjoying myself so much I didn’t even realize we were done.

Writing: Excellent.
Forward Motion: Also excellent, I do not recall any drag time.
Overall Interest: When I was in it I was in it, but I didn’t start reading at stop lights until the end (Did that make any sense?)
Length of Reading Time: Good
Re-read-ability: Very small chance

The Random Thoughts:

Favorite Quote: "Bitch, I'm Canadian."

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 24, 2017 |
I absolutely loved Good Boy by Sarina Bowen. Ever since falling in love with these characters from the Him/Us series, I've been waiting to read Blake and Jessica's story. It did not disappoint. I love the writing and dialogue from these authors. I can't wait to read the next story in this new series.
I would gladly recommend both of these authors to anyone looking for a great contemporary romance book.
Happy reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are off to another amazing start with GOOD BOY the first book of the WAGs series. WAGs is a spin-off of the HIM series, where we were introduced to GOOD BOY’s main characters, Jess Canning and Blake Riley. Jess is Jammie’s older sister, and Blake is Ryan Wesley’s teammate and neighbor. The story starts out in California with Jess planning Jammie’s and Blake’s wedding. Jess is the maid of honor, and Blake is the best man. Blake is excited to get to see Jess again and Jess, well…not so much. GOOD BOY is told from both Jess’ and Blake’s point of view. The story primarily takes place in Toronto.

I like Jess. She is one of six siblings. She has struggled with finding a career path, feeling like she is a disappointment to her family. She finally realizes what she is meant to do and hopes she doesn’t once again fail her family. She moves to Toronto, where she ends up spending time with Blake again.

Blake makes me laugh, smile, and shake my head. He is persistent, protective, and full of surprises. He can be annoying, but he is a great guy who means well. His ex-girlfriend, Molly, is a piece of work. She causes some drama in the story.

Blake and Jess make an interesting couple. They become good friends. He releaves her stress. People that know them, would not expect them to be compatible. However, they honestly make a fantastic couple. They both really come into their own in this story.

I enjoyed the plot. It was well executed and believable. I love that Jamie and Wes are in this novel. I can’t get enough of those guys. I love both characters' families. Mrs. Riley is great. GOOD BOY had an adorable ending.

I love that Blake and the team are involvement with the Broken Paws shelter. I think the book cover, title and series name are brilliant. I love that the titles are words you would say to a dog. That works great with the series name since in hockey slang WAGs stands for wives and girlfriends. Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are a dynamic writing duo. I’m anxiously awaiting book two in the WAGs series, STAY. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Jan 27, 2017 |

Bowen, Sarinaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kennedy, Ellemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hamilton, TeddyReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Studios, AudiblePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

WAGS (1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,801,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible