Beauty and the Beast by Vivienne Savage

Info:Payne & Taylor
Collections:ebooks, Working on
Tags:Fic, Romance, !Po, __make_cover, !import181127

Beauty and the Beast: An Adult Fairytale Romance by Vivienne Savage

Beauty and the Beast has been my absolute favorite fairy tale nearly all of my life. I was introduced to the original tale (meaning the 1740 version, of which my neighbor had a copy and let me read) when I was very, very young. I, of course, caught the Disney rendition the moment it came to theaters and that version of Belle has been a treasured character for me from the first moment I saw her. While I adore retellings, that flexibility has not generally extended to Beauty and the Beast. I happen to like that story just how it was, and don't want it messed with, for the most part.

So, that being said, I feel it speaks volumes about Vivienne Savage that I simply devoured her version of Beauty and the Beast. This nearly 300-page book did not last two days in my hands. I read it cover to cover almost overnight, it was so good. I truly did not want to put it down! This story is different enough from the original and the original Disney that it feels like a completely new tale. I am gaga for shape-shifters, and am so excited for the addition of them to Savage's stories.

I cannot speak highly enough of Savage's writing. She has taken this iconic story and made it entirely her own. This story is superb in its own right. Despite the familiar title, as a reader, I never one attempted to compare the characters in Savage's story to those in the Disney movie. I simply read for the pure joy of a wonderful story.

Beauty and the Beast is the first in a series. A fact which utterly delights me. The moment I finished Beauty and the Beast and realized there was more, I immediately went out and purchased the second book.

I am so excited to have found Vivienne Savage's books. I'm a fan for life! ( )
  LeighAnneJensen | Sep 4, 2018 |
Completed 06/25/17 ( )
  ERose207 | Jun 25, 2017 |

Princess Anastasia Rose dreams of attending school, but her plans are put on hold when war begins between her father and the beastly lord of a nearby castle in the mountains.
Prince Alistair isn’t an ordinary dragon. He’s a shifter afflicted by a curse, unable to become human again until he finds his true love. When a mortal king’s adventurers trespass in Alistair’s territory to steal a rare flower, the prince decides to steal a valuable prize of his own.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,688,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible