Muriel Avenue Sluts by Maggie Hasbrouck

Muriel Avenue Sluts

by Maggie Hasbrouck

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, so here it is.I thing this book is great. It was really slow read for my, but only because halfway through I had to stop. It was just too much for me. I know something bad is going to happen and I don’t wanted to see it. I read about 10 books before realising it was too good of a story and I needed to finish it. So I started reading it again, and I know it was going to be bad, I just haven’t realised just how bad. Don’t think I mean bad in a bad story, or bad writing, I mean it in a terrible things happening to the main characters sort of way. Well I did like the story it made me think a lot, a little too much, but I love this in a book.
Който се интересува от ревюто ми на български може да посети: http://highonbook.blogspot.bg/2017/03/muriel-avenue-sluts-maggie-hasbrouck.html ( )
  la_amour | Mar 18, 2017 |
When I first read the title I wasn't certain if this was a book I would want to read. Because it's going to be about sluts and it's supposed to be for young adults.

At first, I was amazed that Jules was proud of her mom and the other women on Muriel's Avenue because of what they did. They weren't technically sex workers but they had a business that catered to men and they got paid to do it. When Jules' best friend Anna is being raped by one of her mother's clients, she takes matters into her own hands and stops it. She kills him and makes it look like an accident. Later on, Jules finds out other girls in school have been abused by their father or someone in their family. She feels bad, even angry and tries to help out a friend but the thing back fires on her and she goes on the run. At the end of the book, Jules figures out home is the safest place to be when your surrounded by people you love.

The author did a great job with the plot, dialogue was written well and I enjoyed the story. I felt as if the book was based on truth. A well thought out look at the life of a teenager. There were elements of it I didn't like for it being young adult. Jules is so happy that her mom is known as the queen of sexual pleasure. For instance, Jules decides she wants to have sex and another woman tells her to use a cucumber. She actually tells about it. I don't think this is good for a girl who is twelve. I don't like how Jules is fascinated with Vivian. When she sees her boobs she wants to touch them but she really loves Charlie. I get that girls are confused and curious about things when they are 17 but do author's have to encourage it in their stories?

Over all, I gave the book 4 stars because the author was thorough and a great storyteller.

I received this book from the author for my honest review. ( )
  TCoffey0126 | Feb 23, 2017 |
The author should pat herself on the back. This book was magically delicious.

- LibraryThing review of a VERY good book ( )
  Kkatz123 | Feb 23, 2017 |
I was given a copy in exchange for a review and I am so happy to do so. I loved this story. Loved, loved, loved this! I could picture every character clear as day and they all felt real. There were several times in the book where I could have sworn this was a true story or at least based on actual events. I really do hope a second book comes from this. It would be a great series. ( )
  CarynThomas33 | Feb 22, 2017 |
This is one good YA book, though I'd place it in more of the new adult genre. From the synopsis I thought I knew which direction the story would head in but it totally caught me off guard. There were lots of twists and turns I wasn't expecting. It was interesting that the Muriel Avenue Sluts and their ways of life were so normal. Jules was having dinner with her boyfriend's family, his mother is a cop, and they all spoke so naturally of her home life. Definitely for mature audiences. ( )
1 vote rebel_duck | Feb 16, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Maggie Hasbrouck's book Muriel Avenue Sluts, a young adult novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Maggie Hasbrouck is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Maggie Hasbrouck.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,107,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible