Muriel Avenue Sluts: a young adult novel by…

Muriel Avenue Sluts: a young adult novel

by Maggie Hasbrouck

541,436,638 (4)None

No tags.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, so here it is.I thing this book is great. It was really slow read for my, but only because halfway through I had to stop. It was just too much for me. I know something bad is going to happen and I don’t wanted to see it. I read about 10 books before realising it was too good of a story and I needed to finish it. So I started reading it again, and I know it was going to be bad, I just haven’t realised just how bad. Don’t think I mean bad in a bad story, or bad writing, I mean it in a terrible things happening to the main characters sort of way. Well I did like the story it made me think a lot, a little too much, but I love this in a book.
Който се интересува от ревюто ми на български може да посети: http://highonbook.blogspot.bg/2017/03/muriel-avenue-sluts-maggie-hasbrouck.html ( )
  la_amour | Mar 18, 2017 |
This book would not be for everyone. It is a coming of age. But it has drastic and far reaching consequences. The story itself is unique and believable. The characters are real to life. The story is emotional, and heartbreaking. But it has a shockingly truthful background. The story delves into sexual abuse, rape and murder in a way that makes it all the more shocking. Rather than just facts, the story makes the characters real enough to allow you to feel the emotions as well. Good story and well worth the read. ( )
  somethingblanc | Feb 16, 2017 |
I’ve received a mobi.file [KINDLE] copy of this book through a giveaway the author had on LibraryThing, and the following is my honest opinion.

What do you want from Julia [Jules] Turnbow, whose single mother’s occupation had been a prostitute; or should I say, a sex for hire slut who belongs to the Muriel Avenue Sluts who caters to a gentleman clientele instead of ordinary johns? She naturally decides to follow in her footsteps and starts her education to be part of this elite group of whores.

But as the best laid plans of mice and men go astray, Jules envision of her future life gets upset when she learns about her best friend Anna getting physically abused by one of her clients. If that isn’t enough Anna’s alleged abuser winds up falling to his death from a second floor balcony, and Jules being a witness to the murder.

Jules’ world begins to spiral out of control. She befriends the daughter of the dead man who asks far too many questions regarding the Muriel Avenue Sluts. The onslaught of her questions eventually causes Jules to say something she knew had best been kept under wraps, which in turn causes her to be wanted by none other than the FBI.

Having experienced all this Jules wants to return to some sense of normalcy and those she cares about without destroying the Muriel Avenue Sluts itself.

This is a wonderful coming of age story full of emotional ups and downs. However it’s not in a world where young girls belong, but it’s in the adult world of sex and prostitution. While the author has given this book the sub-title of “A Young Adult Novel,” I feel the book lends itself to be more of a New Adult novel due to the language and adult nature of the story in the book, which is why I can only give Ms. Hasbrock only 4 STARS for her endeavor here. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Feb 14, 2017 |

Maggie Hasbrouck is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Maggie Hasbrouck.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,887,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible