Dog Gone Ghost by Angie Fox

Dog Gone Ghost (edition 2017)

by Angie Fox (Author)

Member:Kris_Anderson
Title:Dog Gone Ghost
Authors:Angie Fox (Author)
Info:Moose Island Books (2017), 42 pages
Rating:*****

Dog Gone Ghost by Angie Fox

No tags.

ghosts, mystery, pets, child, novella

An excellent feel good story! Verity needs help leash training her pet skunk, and a young woman from the animal shelter needs help to stop a ghost from letting the dogs out. A deal is made,and Frankie reluctantly agrees to do his part. Good story, good writing, and some real characters! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Mar 1, 2017 |
This short story is way too short but very sweet. It also includes the introduction of a new character who looks to become another good friend and ally of our heroine, Verity. The idea of a doggie ghost is fun. The addition of my favorite dead gangster, Frankie, and his possible attempt to befriend one skittish skunk is a nice bit of comic relief.
Without spoiling the very sweet ending, I can say Verity truly realizes how her ability helps those around her, both living and dead. ( )
  avdonovan | Feb 7, 2017 |
Break out the tissues for this heartwarming tale!

In Dog Gone Ghost Angie Fox delivers another delightful short story in her Southern Ghost Hunters series. Verity Long is back with her precious pet skunk, Lucy, and long deceased gangster side-kick, Frankie, to help a family heal and begin to move forward.

Tackling a sensitive subject, Fox brings a calming sense of closure to senseless things that forever changed a heartbroken couple. This sweet tale offers lovely possibilities in the face of unspeakable loss.

Verity and company are becoming old friends, and Fox never disappoints to give her readers a well written, thought provoking read that's entertaining, at the same time. It's also nice that we get more character history snippets, bringing us a little farther into Verity's world.

Having dealt with a devastating loss quite recently, because of the well crafted story, the human aspect, or the way the story deals with profound loss, this may be my favorite of this series. It's a perfect bite-sized read when you need an hour of 'me' time. ( )
  krista17 | Jan 28, 2017 |
I will tell you up front that I love this series. I love the characters and the writing. This is a great short story (I really wish it was longer!). It’s a great way to meet Verity and the cast of characters in the Southern Ghost Hunter Series. No matter what is going on in her personal life, Verity stays true to herself and does what is right. I love that about her!! It is a great way to be introduced to the series. It is also a great in between, for people like me, who can’t wait for the next book!! ( )
  MartiAmmons | Jan 27, 2017 |
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Dog Gone Ghost novella is part of the Southern Ghost Hunter Mystery series (4.5) It's a Supernatural Who Done It. There's no cliffhanger at the end & it could easily be read as a stand alone book.

Dog Gone Ghost is just the best ‘Dawg Gone’ Ghost Hunter Mystery so far.
I know, I know, I always say that, but that’s because every instalment gets better & better & I recommend you read them all.

The Author writes fluidly & the tempo is perfectly paced. The depth of her characters (Verity Long, Her pet Skunk Lucy & her sidekick ghost Frankie) makes this book hook you from the very first page. Once you start, you won’t want to stop so make sure you’re comfortable.

It’s beautifully written in the shape of an arrow, aimed straight & true into the centre of your heart!

It should come with a Public Safety Warning
“Beware! This Story WILL Make You Cry, Will Make You Sad & Will Make You Laugh Out Loud”

I can’t wait for the next instalment (foot tapping impatiently) ( )
  TheLostSlayer | Jan 27, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,239,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible