The Bridges of Madison County by Robert…

The Bridges of Madison County (1992)

by Robert James Waller

English (61)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (66)
Wonderful book, and what I believe to be a delightful film was based on this. I am not ashamed to say that the film moved me to tears.
  corracreigh | Mar 7, 2016 |
The book made me weep. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
love story - lot of hype bestseller ok

The story of Robert Kincaid, the photographer and free spirit searching for the covered bridges of Madison County, and Francesca Johnson, the farm wife waiting for the fulfillment of a girlhood dream, THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY gives voice to the longings of men and women everywhere-and shows us what it is to love and be loved so intensely that life is never the same again.
  christinejoseph | Jan 18, 2016 |
Hands down the worst book I have ever read. The only reason I finished it was because I was trapped in a crowded laundromat with no other English language reading material. A friend who I had not known long recommended it. Needless to say I never read another book she liked. I don't think I've missed anything. ( )
  KateVz | Jan 13, 2016 |
I know this falls right into the Chic-Lit category, so demographically I wouldn't expect me to be a big fan. But I think he did a really good job with characters and exploring human emotions. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |
For the peregrines
There are songs that come free from the blue-eyed grass, from the dust of a thousand country roads. This is one of them.
In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446364495, Mass Market Paperback)

When Robert Kincaid drives through the heat and dust of an Iowa summer and turns into Francesca Johnson's farm lane looking for directions, the world-class photographer and the Iowa farm wife are joined in an experience of uncommon truth and stunning beauty that will haunt them forever. The romantic classic of the 1990's.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,716 books! | Top bar: Always visible