The Bridges of Madison County by Robert…

The Bridges of Madison County (original 1992; edition 1995)

by Robert James Waller

Member:DetailMuse
Title:The Bridges of Madison County
Authors:Robert James Waller
Info:Grand Central Publishing (1995), Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Tags:Fiction, Love Story, Adultery, Secrets, Iowa, Photography, Bridges

The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller (1992)

Recently added bychriskeil, PamelaPearl, private library, pgtrnr, Dinci, LauGal, RichardLacey, palmyralibrary

English (64)  Spanish (3)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (70)
Don't know version
  trexm5qp7 | Jul 3, 2016 |
needed to see what the hype was about, esp. when one of my long-distance beaus said he cried during the movie... appreciation for story probably depends on personal history/ empathy, iirc ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Niet klaar, maar wel klaar met dit boek. Pagina 47 en ik heb er genoeg van. Slap gezeur. Misschien dat ik hem later nog eens uitlees en een iets inhoudelijker review schrijf. ( )
  AlexandraWD | May 24, 2016 |
Wonderful book, and what I believe to be a delightful film was based on this. I am not ashamed to say that the film moved me to tears.
  corracreigh | Mar 7, 2016 |
The book made me weep. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
For the peregrines
There are songs that come free from the blue-eyed grass, from the dust of a thousand country roads. This is one of them.
In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live.
In an increasingly callous world, we all exist with our own carapaces of scabbed-over sensibilities. Where great passion leaves off and mawkishness begins, I'm not sure. But our tendency to scoff at the possibility of the former and to label genuine and profound feelings as maudlin makes it difficult to enter the realm of gentleness required to understand the story of Francesca Johnson and Robert Kincaid....

If, however, you approach what follows with a willing suspension of disbelief, as Coleridge put it, I am confident you will experience what I have experienced. In the indifferent spaces of your heart, you may even find, as Francesca Johnson did, room to dance again.
Complex things are easy to do. Simplicity's the real challenge.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446364495, Mass Market Paperback)

When Robert Kincaid drives through the heat and dust of an Iowa summer and turns into Francesca Johnson's farm lane looking for directions, the world-class photographer and the Iowa farm wife are joined in an experience of uncommon truth and stunning beauty that will haunt them forever. The romantic classic of the 1990's.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,364,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible