We Are Never Meeting in Real Life: Essays by…

We Are Never Meeting in Real Life: Essays (2017)

by Samantha Irby

Samantha Irby is so cool, and in her writing, her struggles and daily life seem so relatable. However, this book, less than 200 pages, felt so long. Too long. Enjoyable but I was definitely feeling some fatigue by the end. ( )
  Katie_Roscher | Jan 18, 2019 |
This book is hysterical. I did it via audio and wouldn't do it any other way. Listening to Irby tell her own stories is priceless. ( )
  bostonbibliophile | Jan 10, 2019 |
Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced copy of this book!

I laughed out loud throughout this entire book! Samantha's honesty and her courage to expose her innermost secrets is something I truly admire in a writer and a person. It was like spending two days with my absolute best friend. (I read it very quickly! I couldn't put it down.) I will now proceed to "stalking" Samanta on social media. I need more Samantha in my life! ( )
  Squirrel820 | Nov 21, 2018 |
I picked this book up at the library yesterday while on my way to get my hair done (is it rude to read while your stylist paints chemicals on strands of your hair and wraps them in foil? Probably, but that shit takes 45 minutes) and almost choked trying to hold in my laughter so the other women getting biolage or whatever wouldn’t be disturbed.

Samantha Irby is hilarious. I am ashamed to say I had never heard of her before listening to her on an episode of Keep It, but I am so grateful that she graced that podcast with her presence. This woman gets me, man. The story about her cat, Helen Keller, titled The Miracle Porker, literally gave me abdominal cramps from the belly laughter it inspired. I thought I had a nasty old cat, but Helen might win this round.

I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Meaty. I won’t rest until I’ve consumed everything this woman has written. ( )
2 vote bookishblond | Oct 24, 2018 |
Funny and harsh. ( )
  susanramirez | Sep 17, 2018 |
This book is dedicated to Klonopin.
I am squeezed in my push-up bra and sparkly, ill-fitting dress.

"Whether [blogger and comedian Samantha Irby's] talking about how her difficult childhood has led to a problem in making 'adult' budgets, explaining why she should be the new Bachelorette--she's '35-ish, but could easily pass for 60-something'--detailing a disastrous pilgrimage-slash-romantic-vacation to Nashville to scatter her estranged father's ashes, sharing awkward sexual encounters, or dispensing advice on how to navigate friendships with former drinking buddies who are now suburban moms ... she's as deft at poking fun at the ghosts of her past self as she is at capturing powerful emotional truths"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,635,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible