Conflict at Chillicothe by Karen Meyer

by Karen Meyer

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bycyorgason, Karen_Hoerath_Meyer

No tags.

I found this story to be an interesting take on life in the early frontier days of our country. I actually wished there was a little more detail in the story. At times, I felt like I was kind of jumping from episode to episode, without less tie-ins than I prefer. The story describes a family's move from Virginia to Pennsylvania and their interaction with the Indians in the region. At times humorous, thrilling and spiritual, I thought it was a good story about their adventures. For some, it might come across as a little too religious, but I expect the story is pretty consistent with how religious folk lived and acted 200+ years ago. ( )
  cyorgason | May 5, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 097668232X, Paperback)

Settlers fear the Shawnee Indians at Chillicothe. Joshua is about to learn why. For Joshua Stewart and his family, the Kentucky frontier is their promised land. It's a fresh start away from the difficulties of Virginia. It's an opportunity to own as much land as they care to claim. It's a chance of a lifetime, a dream come true. The only problem is getting there. Will the Stewarts overcome the hardships that await them in the mountains of Pennsylvania? Will they survive the dangers of the Ohio River? And when the Shawnee Indians attack, will Joshua's faith in the Lord be enough to save him?

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 11 Mar 2017 15:21:56 -0500)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Karen Meyer's book Conflict at Chillicothe was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible