The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg

The Ice Princess (2002)

by Camilla Lackberg

2,1931272,960 (3.51)90

English (92)  Spanish (13)  Dutch (8)  French (4)  Swedish (3)  Italian (3)  Danish (2)  Norwegian (2)  English (127)
An outstanding mystery novel. There were several different scenarios that one could form as to who killed Alex and Anders; but none as good as the authors. Fantastic character development -- each and every character described so they were incredibly distinct in the readers mind. She has an incredible ability to evoke visual imagery with virtually every setting. A real joy to read. ( )
  skraft001 | Nov 3, 2016 |
Erica Falck returns to her childhood home in Sweden after her parents deaths. While there, she stumbles onto the body of her childhood best friend. It appears that Alexandra has committed suicide in a bathtub of frozen water, slashing her wrists.

Erica is bewildered: why would a beautiful woman like Alex commit suicide? Taking on Alex's parents request to write a newspaper story about their daughter, Erica joins forces with police detective Patrik Hedstrom to discover Alex's secrets. It soon turns out that some secrets can be deadly; and this one can still claim lives.

I enjoyed this mystery very much. I had never read Stieg Larsson or any other Swedish author, but Camilla Lackberg was a great author to start off with. I give this book an A ! ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Oct 4, 2016 |
This got better as it went along. Three and half stars really. It made me interested enough to pick up the next if I see it, but it's not on a par with Arnaldur, Indridason, Mari Jungsted, Ake Edmondson etc. ( )
  Superenigmatix | Jul 5, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this, I found it really gripping. It kept me guessing right to the end about the murderer's identity. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

This was my introduction to Camilla Läckberg, who at that time was starting to become really popular in the Netherlands. For some reason, and I'm guilty myself as well as I really liked them, Scandinavia thrillers were very popular a few years ago in the Netherlands. As in, really, really popular. Now, the Dutch have always been great fans of thrillers, and often books are earlier available in Dutch translation than in their original language. It is a shame that I've never learned to like the thrillers written by Dutch authors though. However, I'm getting lost from The Ice Princess.

I liked it, I really did. It is a very nice start of a series and even though I normally can't stand the amateur sleuth doing police work, for some reason in these books it works most of the time. The stories are usually quite slow and filled with things that don't add a lot to the plot (I think at least half of the book is about the main characters' lives), however, in these books I enjoyed it.

After this book I've read another four books in the series with a year. I think that says it all. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
For Wille
The house was desolate and empty.
Original title: Isprinsessan

A more than welcome addition to the growing ranks of Scandinavian fiction . . . Fjallbacka and its crimes and people will soon be as popular here as they are in (Lackberg's) native Sweden.--Peter Robinson, author of "All the Colors of Darkness."

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,659,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible