Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica

Every Last Lie (2018)

by Mary Kubica

Excellent ( )
  sasp424 | Mar 6, 2019 |
Clara and Nick are married with two children, and their story is told in two timelines - the past for Nick, and the present for Clara. Nick is killed in a car accident, and after his death Clara finds out that he was keeping many secrets. The book is mildly suspenseful, but I didn't care for the ending - too many loose ends that weren't tied up. ( )
  flourgirl49 | Feb 9, 2019 |
This is a bit different than Kubica's other thrillers, not as psychologically dark. This is about Nick and Clara and their family. Nick dies in an auto accident, but after Maisie, their daughter, continues to be frightened of "the bad man", Clara believes that Nick was killed. The story is told alternately between present day Clara and Nick before the accident. Nick has a lot of secrets that he is keeping from Clara, and these secrets lend some credence to some of Clara's theories. I thought the book was just okay, not a favorite. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
Clara is recovering from giving birth to her second child at home while her doting husband, Nick, is on his way home with dinner and her daughter, fresh from ballet. She is later given the news that her husband was killed in a car accident. All signs point to him being at fault, yet she believes something else is the cause.

This was my first time with a novel by Mary Kubica and it was also my first book for the 7 in 7 Readathon. It took me a few days to read as I've been pretty busy the past few days as well as finding it a little hard to get into at first. That being said, I enjoyed it. It was definitely a new experience for me and I can see how some people really enjoy her writing style. I found myself very put off by the end of the book, but after giving it some time to sit within me and move around my brain, I've come to the conclusion that I really like the way the story moved along, switching perspectives and telling the story. I think I may be looking for more of her work soon. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 17, 2018 |
Good....but not what I hoped for. I absolutely loved "The Good Girl" and was so-so on "Pretty Baby" (haven't yet read Don't You Cry)--so I was excited about this one. It's a good book and the writing kept your brain swimming in a sea of doubt about what happened so I was certainly pushing to the end to end the suspense. I won't give a word of it away - I'll just say it wasn't the ending I hoped for or that I felt it could have been. Still, definitely no regrets reading it---I'll certainly keep MK on my reading list. ( )
  Master275 | Oct 30, 2018 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778319989, Hardcover)

New York Times bestselling author of THE GOOD GIRL, Mary Kubica is back with another exhilarating thriller as a widow's pursuit of the truth leads her to the darkest corners of the psyche.

"The bad man, Daddy. The bad man is after us."

Clara Solberg's world shatters when her husband and their four-year-old daughter are in a car crash, killing Nick while Maisie is remarkably unharmed. The crash is ruled an accident…until the coming days, when Maisie starts having night terrors that make Clara question what really happened on that fateful afternoon.

Tormented by grief and her obsession that Nick's death was far more than just an accident, Clara is plunged into a desperate hunt for the truth. Who would have wanted Nick dead? And, more important, why? Clara will stop at nothing to find out—and the truth is only the beginning of this twisted tale of secrets and deceit.

Told in the alternating perspectives of Clara's investigation and Nick's last months leading up to the crash, master of suspense Mary Kubica weaves her most chilling thriller to date—one that explores the dark recesses of a mind plagued by grief and shows that some secrets might be better left buried.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 04 Feb 2017 19:34:54 -0500)

Clara Solberg's world shatters when her husband and their four-year-old daughter are in a car crash, killing Nick while Maisie is remarkably unharmed. The crash is ruled an accident - until the coming days, when Maisie starts having night terrors that make Clara question what really happened on that fateful afternoon. Tormented by grief and her obsession that Nick's death was far more than just an accident, Clara is plunged into a desperate hunt for the truth. Who would have wanted Nick dead? And, more important, why? Clara will stop at nothing to find out - and the truth is only the beginning of this twisted tale of secrets and deceit.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,488,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible