Love and Gravity by Samantha Sotto

Love and Gravity

by Samantha Sotto

214495,208 (4)None

I had hoped that this book would enthrall me as much as The Time Traveler's Wife did, unfortunately, I just couldn't find the book to be as good. I don't read much romance, but this time-travel romance between a modern girl and Isaac Newton caught my attention and as I just love time-travel stories did I feel the need to read this book. Also, the cover is absolutely stunning!

As for the story, it has its ups and downs, it started off interesting, but somewhere around halfway through did I find myself losing interest in the story. The story started to drag on with the main characters Andrea and Isaac just pining after each other. I just wanted them to meet (not really a spoiler) since it's apparently clear when reading the first chapter, what would happen. And, it was sometimes just so saccharine that I felt like I was getting an overdose of sweetness. I wanted more passion, more drama, more surprises and stronger characters. It was a promising book that just failed to live up to my expectations. There is also a triangle drama in the story as Andrea from that she was young had a guy friend called Nate that she also loved. Yes, sir, she loved them both and could not decide which one to choose. Thankfully, I quite liked Nate, he was a nice solid guy that steadfastly stood by her side.

Love and Gravity were a book that in the end felt too much like a young adult novel that tries to be deep, but in the end, fails. The story could have been better if Andrea and Isaac's love-story had not been so predictable, saccharine and to be honest boring. I would have loved to have read more about Isaac Newton, the man, the scientist. But, all one gets is his pining after Andrea. It gets too much in the end. Also, the happily ever after ending was almost too much for me. So, no this was not a book for me.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

Read this review and others on A Bookaholic Swede ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
AMAZING book! Love and Gravity is a good mix of The Time Traveler's Wife and Outlander. I have to admit when I received this in my book box and read the back cover I was a little leery. I have no interest in cello music or Isaac Newton but the author does such a great job at bringing it all together that it works beautifully and I couldn't put it down! I especially love the ending and the little twist that I wasn't expecting! There are definitely some sad parts but it is worth the read! ( )
  KeriLynneD | May 26, 2017 |
I thought this book was beautiful. I swear the way Sotto writes I could hear music pouring through her words as the details she writes with became notes of art. Granted the idea of star-crossed lovers separated by circumstance and time. has been done before such as in the movie Lake House or the book Time Traveler's Wife but Sotto has most definitely put her own stamp on the idea using Isaac Newton as one of the love interests. It was obvious the author put some effort into researching Newton instead of just using the basics which made it more fun to google facts from fiction or play the what if game.

I recommend reading it with some cello music to really bring out the beauty of this story. ( )
  ttsheehan | Feb 9, 2017 |
LOVED IT!!!! and give it 4.5 stars!!!. I will admit I may have shed a few tears at the end (and maybe a sniffle or two). Yes this book reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife, but only because of the time traveling. I loved this story more and the characters.

When Andrea is seven she discovers a boy behind her wall while playing her cello. Over the years she continues to see him and starts receiving letters from him. Naturally she falls in love with him, even though they haven't met and live 300 years apart. They can't pass items through the crack because they eventually turn to dust. Andrea has a wonderful friend, Nate, whom she can't truly love because her heart belongs to Isaac, the boy behind the wall.

Eventually Andrea and Isaac are able to meet and spend time together. From that moment on I didn't want to put the book down. The ending is sad and happy at the same time. I will say I always had my suspicions about Mr. Westin.

Thanks to NetGalley, Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine and the author, Samantha Sotto, for a free electronic ARC of this novel. It was a wonderful read. ( )
  JenniferLynn | Nov 10, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,768,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible