Nothing Stays Buried (A Monkeewrench Novel)…

Nothing Stays Buried (A Monkeewrench Novel) (edition 2017)

by P. J. Tracy (Author)

"The Monkeewrench crew returns to face the city of Minneapolis's worst nightmare--a rampant serial killer on the loose--in the electrifying new thriller. When Minneapolis homicide detectives Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth are called to a crime scene in a heavily wooded city park, everything about the setting is all too familiar. And when they discover a playing card on the victim's body, their worst fears are confirmed--there's a serial killer operating in the city for the first time in years. Across town, Grace MacBride and her unconventional partners at Monkeewrench Software find themselves at both personal and career crossroads. Weary of the darker side of their computer work for law enforcement, they agree to take on a private missing-persons case in a small farming community in southwestern Minnesota. As the violence accelerates in Minneapolis, Magozzi and Gino soon realize their killer is planning to complete the deck, and they enlist Monkeewrench to help stop the rampage. As a baffling tangle of evidence accumulates, the cops and Monkeewrench make the unlikely connections among a farmer's missing daughter, a serial killer, and a decades-old stabbing that brings them face-to-face with pure evil"--… (more)
Member:PhonyGal
Title:Nothing Stays Buried (A Monkeewrench Novel)
Authors:P. J. Tracy (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2017), 320 pages
Tags:Read in 2017

Nothing Stays Buried by P. J. Tracy

Recently added byprivate library, ceilmary, verenka, Lynnebookhound, Carrotlady, swatmaker, jessicawale92, owlie13

There is a new serial killer terrorizing Minneapolis. His victims are brunettes who are running in parks. He leaves a playing card on his victims' bodies. Magozzi and Rolseth catch the case of the latest victim in Minneapolis. But he's also committing crimes in St. Paul.

Meanwhile, the Monkeewrench gang has decided to take a more personal case and look into the disappearance of a young woman from a small town in rural Minnesota. Strangely enough, these cases come together by way of drug cartels and long-past friendships and crimes.

I liked that Grace and Magozzi's relationship is getting closer now that Grace is nearly six months pregnant. I liked the Minnesota setting. I liked that some of the danger in the book come from Minnesota weather and summer tornadoes. ( )
  kmartin802 | May 27, 2019 |
Monkeewrench has decided to get out of town, try a different type of case for a change. They are going to Buttonville, a small farming community in southwest Minnesota. A local farmers daughter disappeared on her way home to visit her father. He believes her dead, but he just wants to know.

The tension ratchets up as the Minneapolis detectives Magozzi and Gino investigate a serial killer leaving bodies of joggers in their local parks. As the investigation proceeds, they realize their serial killer case is connecting with the missing persons case that Monkeewrench is investigating in Buttonville.

Where is the killer … the killer may actually be in Buttonville and Magozzi is concerned for Grace and the well-being of their soon to be born child.

Great pace and tension, it kept me glued to the pages until done. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Apr 17, 2019 |
I was so happy to see the daughter continue their work by giving us this addition to the series. The Monkeewrench Software computer geeks are asked to reopen a missing person case which rapidly turns into a case of serial homicide. The only thing I can say that was "off" about this one is if someone new to the series were to read this one first they wouldn't form the same connections to the Monkeewrench investigators and software team that we long-time readers do...because it just didn't seem to be there. However the few chapters that were from the killer’s perspective were excellent and gave us a very dark and twisted view of this individual. Still a great series and the "gang" is certainly worthwhile becoming acquainted with. ( )
  Carol420 | Feb 18, 2019 |
This instalment features a serial killer who leaves playing cards with his victims' bodies. That's the police case, and then the Monkeywrench team are asked to help with a missing person case. This was despite what they were being asked to do being solidly detective work - it was difficult to see how their software expertise was going to be any help at all. Also, while I'm complaining, I really dislike it when speeding is treated as an amusing kind of mischief - 90mph in a 30mph zone - I hope it wasn't a school zone. Marla's eventual fate was hinted at during the narrative, but nevertheless seemed a bit unlikely. Also the body count was high - even for this series.

On the plus side the plot was coherent and fast moving, and the section about the tornado touching down was exciting and interesting - I learnt things! ( )
  pgchuis | Jul 5, 2018 |
This was my favorite book of this series so far for me. I really enjoyed the characters. They work so well together. This had many twist and turns. I loved the suspense. I received an ebook copy from Firsttoread for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Oct 9, 2017 |
Something horrible was going to happen to Marla.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,258,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible