The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry,…

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear… (edition 1998)

by Don Wood

Member:debnance
Title:The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear (Child's Play Library)
Authors:Don Wood
Info:Child's Play International (1998), Edition: Board Book, Board book, 24 pages
Rating:*****

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood

This mouse found this really ripe strawberry and he has to come up ways to try and keep the strawberry away from the bear that wants to eat it. This story is a cute one to read to kids because it's kind of suspenseful but also funny at the same time. The picture in it huge so it helps the kids feel fully engaged in the story. This story is better for younger kids because it is a semi simple read.
  jordyngingeryan | Oct 19, 2014 |
I liked this book for many reasons. First, I really liked the point of view of the story. After reading the first page which said, “Hello, little mouse. What are you doing?” it became apparent that the point of view/narrator is the reader. I believe that that is a very unique way to engage the reader into the story. Also, I loved the illustrations. I thought that the illustrations were perfect for the story. On many occasions, the mouse is drawn in a way that makes it look like the mouse is looking at the reader, which enhances the idea that the reader is actually talking to the mouse. I thought that was very unique! After reading this story, I found that the big idea is to focus on the idea of sharing with others. ( )
  GaiaGonzales | Oct 6, 2014 |
Who doesn't think this is the cutest book ever? That's what I thought. This is the first book I bought for my granddaughter when we started reading her bed time stories. I love the illustrations, colorful and well drawn but not real busy (like Richard Scarry books where there is too much going on) and not too many words on a page. It's a fun read, as kids books should be, without all the didacticism found in some children's stories.

My granddaughter is now 14 months old. I don't care what story I read to her, I have to read this one too EVERY night or she thinks it's not bedtime. It's the last page you see, the one that says, "The End." It has the mouse in his hammock, going to sleep. She has to say night, night (rather ni ni) to the mousey, and then I say good night to her, and she rolls over and goes to sleep. Cute. ( )
  CindyAmrhein | May 20, 2014 |
This book was a great story about how a mouse can save a strawberry he found from getting eaten by a big hungry bear. The reader tells him that the only way he can say it is by sharing it with the reader and they end up being able to save the strawberry from the bear. The point of view of the story was from the reader who was actually interacting with the mouse which I thought was really new and interesting. The first page you read "Hello, little mouse. What are you doing?" and you know from there that whoever is reading the book is actually talking to the mouse which I loved. The illustrations in this book were also amazing. The redness of the strawberry and the actual drawing of the mouse and his home was amazing and really added so much to the story. Also, because it did not have a great deal of text, the illustrations where the main indicator of what was happening in the story and I thought they conveyed the funny and light hearted tone that this book had. I thought that this book was truly amazing with the illustrations and the funny lighthearted message that the reader actually got to get involved in and become a character themselves. ( )
  ramber1 | Mar 9, 2014 |
The story of a mouse and his strawberry. This has always been a favorite for our son. ( )
  capiam1234 | Jan 29, 2014 |

Wood, Audreyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wood, Donmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Information from the Portuguese (Brazil) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
Hello, little Mouse.

First published in 1984, a picture book in which the Little Mouse will do all he can to save his strawberry from the Big, Hungry Bear, even if it means sharing it with the reader. The Little Mouse and the Big Hungry Bear are known and loved by millions of children around the world. Little Mouse loves strawberries, but so does the bear...How will Little Mouse stop the bear from eating his freshly picked, red, ripe strawberry.

Book Details:Format: HardcoverPublication Date: 1/1/2001Pages: 32

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:37 -0400)

Little Mouse worries that the big, hungry bear will take his freshly picked, ripe, red strawberry for himself.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible