The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry,…

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear… (edition 1998)

by Don Wood

Member:debnance
Title:The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear (Child's Play Library)
Authors:Don Wood
Info:Child's Play International (1998), Edition: Board Book, Board book, 24 pages
Rating:*****

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood

Who doesn't think this is the cutest book ever? That's what I thought. This is the first book I bought for my granddaughter when we started reading her bed time stories. I love the illustrations, colorful and well drawn but not real busy (like Richard Scarry books where there is too much going on) and not too many words on a page. It's a fun read, as kids books should be, without all the didacticism found in some children's stories.

My granddaughter is now 14 months old. I don't care what story I read to her, I have to read this one too EVERY night or she thinks it's not bedtime. It's the last page you see, the one that says, "The End." It has the mouse in his hammock, going to sleep. She has to say night, night (rather ni ni) to the mousey, and then I say good night to her, and she rolls over and goes to sleep. Cute. ( )
  CindyAmrhein | May 20, 2014 |
This book was a great story about how a mouse can save a strawberry he found from getting eaten by a big hungry bear. The reader tells him that the only way he can say it is by sharing it with the reader and they end up being able to save the strawberry from the bear. The point of view of the story was from the reader who was actually interacting with the mouse which I thought was really new and interesting. The first page you read "Hello, little mouse. What are you doing?" and you know from there that whoever is reading the book is actually talking to the mouse which I loved. The illustrations in this book were also amazing. The redness of the strawberry and the actual drawing of the mouse and his home was amazing and really added so much to the story. Also, because it did not have a great deal of text, the illustrations where the main indicator of what was happening in the story and I thought they conveyed the funny and light hearted tone that this book had. I thought that this book was truly amazing with the illustrations and the funny lighthearted message that the reader actually got to get involved in and become a character themselves. ( )
  ramber1 | Mar 9, 2014 |
The story of a mouse and his strawberry. This has always been a favorite for our son. ( )
  capiam1234 | Jan 29, 2014 |
This is a cute read for younger kids. They will enjoy finding ways for the mouse to escape from the big hungry bear. ( )
  mariahpolen | Dec 10, 2013 |
One of my favorites from when I was little and now my son enjoys it too. ( )
  jbagley | Dec 3, 2013 |

Wood, Audreyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wood, Donmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Information from the Portuguese (Brazil) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
Hello, little Mouse.

First published in 1984, a picture book in which the Little Mouse will do all he can to save his strawberry from the Big, Hungry Bear, even if it means sharing it with the reader. The Little Mouse and the Big Hungry Bear are known and loved by millions of children around the world. Little Mouse loves strawberries, but so does the bear...How will Little Mouse stop the bear from eating his freshly picked, red, ripe strawberry.

Book Details:Format: HardcoverPublication Date: 1/1/2001Pages: 32

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:37 -0400)

Little Mouse worries that the big, hungry bear will take his freshly picked, ripe, red strawberry for himself.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,713,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible