The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry,…

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear (edition 1984)

by Don Wood

Member:mike_frank
Title:The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear
Authors:Don Wood
Info:Child's Play (1984), Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:Your library, Use for Recommendations

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood

Recently added byAgretencord, private library, stansteiner, eyelevelbooks, stottm16, tcscarli, wjj333, cdcbooknook

This is an adorable book. It is about a little mouse trying to save a big ripe strawberry from a big bear! As the reader, we are working together to save this strawberry. Then, we will soon share it together. The illustration is perfectly done to fit the story.
  peyrobs | Apr 29, 2015 |
I LOVED this book when I was little!! Fantasy book with the author inviting the reader in to help the mouse save the big red strawberry and then eat it. Wonderful illustrations and very cute for teaching sequencing. ( )
  RaineyNicole | Apr 29, 2015 |
While I liked this book, it doesn't really tell you much about what's going on in the area around the mouse, and the point of view of the storyteller is never revealed. I'm unsure where I would stand on purchasing this book, honestly. ( )
  jlaurendine | Apr 24, 2015 |
I love this book for many reasons. First, I have emotional ties to this book. It was the first book my younger brother, who has a learning disability, was able to read and understand on his own. Another thing that I like about this book was the way it was written. Instead of third or first person, the narrator is talking to the little mouse character. It is a refreshing change of perspectives. I have yet to see another children's book use this technique. The way it is written relies on the reader to use their comprehension skills to follow along with the conversation between the narrator and wordless mouse. For example, the book starts "Hello, little Mouse. What are you doing? Oh, I see. Are you going to pick that red, ripe strawberry?" The mouse never answers but stands next to a strawberry with a latter and a smile. For my brother who had a real difficulty comprehending anything he read, this book was a great tool to use. Finally, I liked the plot twist at the end. The whole time the narrator was trying to help the mouse hide the strawberry from the bear, but he/she really was tricking the mouse into sharing the strawberry. There is no real moral or big message to the story other than to entertain the reader. ( )
  cduke3 | Dec 4, 2014 |
As I have read more and more this semester, I have found that there are so many fantastic books for teaching math. This is one that takes a concept that can sometimes be hard, fractions, and makes it easy and fun. I love books that can do that for kids! ( )
  Andymcclellan_93 | Dec 4, 2014 |

Wood, Audreyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wood, Donmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hello, little Mouse.

First published in 1984, a picture book in which the Little Mouse will do all he can to save his strawberry from the Big, Hungry Bear, even if it means sharing it with the reader. The Little Mouse and the Big Hungry Bear are known and loved by millions of children around the world. Little Mouse loves strawberries, but so does the bear...How will Little Mouse stop the bear from eating his freshly picked, red, ripe strawberry.

Book Details:Format: HardcoverPublication Date: 1/1/2001Pages: 32

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:20 -0400)

Little Mouse worries that the big, hungry bear will take his freshly picked, ripe, red strawberry for himself.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,502,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible