Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Lord God Made Them All by James Herriot
Member:Elizabelle
Title:The Lord God Made Them All
Authors:James Herriot
Info:Bantam (1982), Mass Market Paperback

The Lord God Made Them All by James Herriot

English (16)  Spanish (1)  All languages (17)
It is just after World War II, and James has returned from the R.A.F. to do battle with the diseases and injuries that befall the farm animals and pets of Skeldale and the surrounding moors. Four-year-old Jimmy Herriot, Humphrey Cobb and his little beagle Myrtle, Norman the book-loving veterinary assistant, and many more new faces join old favorites among the green hills of Yorkshire, as James takes an unforgettable voyage to Russia on a freighter with 383 pedigreed sheep. Touching our hearts with laughter and wisdom, lifting our spirits with compassion and goodness, James Herriot never fails to delight. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 29, 2017 |
This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot, Booklikes & Librarything and linked at Goodreads & Mobileread by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: The Lord God Made Them All
Series: All Creatures Great and Small #7
Author: James Herriot
Rating: Unrated
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 388
Format: Digital Edition

Synopsis:

Even more stories from the Vet. And apparently he goes to Russia, or something.

My Thoughts:

I abandoned this at the 10% mark. I just couldn't take any more cutesy stories about animals or the people. The people just pissed me off. So I endured for almost 40 pages. Then when he starts off about him going to Russia, and preparing his reader for that adventure, I just gave up.

Almost 400 pages was too much and I had really reached my limit of animal stories about 2 books ago. Nothing wrong with this book, hence the Unrated rating. I am using this as a lesson to teach myself when I need to abandon a series sooner.
  BookstoogeLT | Mar 25, 2017 |
These four books were the first I read from the adult section of the tiny town library I grew up with. Still remember them fondly - still don't want to be involved in animal husbandry or to have a pet. That universality of appeal is a large part of their genius. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This is the fourth book of the story that started with All Creatures Great and Small. If you haven’t picked up on it by now, James Herriot was a veterinarian in rural Yorkshire in the early to mid 20th Century. His books consist of stories and anecdotes that are funny, charming, nostalgic, and ever so entertaining.

I didn’t love this one as much as I loved the other three, although that may just have been because reading all four in a row was a bit much. I just thought Herriot jumped around in time too much in this one, and I would have liked the stories to have been in chronological order. He also described the time he accompanied a herd of cows on a plane to Turkey, but he interspersed those chapters throughout the book. I would have preferred them to have all been together. It just seemed disorganized to me, but that doesn’t detract from the charm of Herriot’s writing. ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
Yorkshire Veterinarian James Herriot 2 children, Jimmy + Rose

In this newly repackaged volume, after serving in the RAF in World War II, Herriot gladly returns home to Yorkshire to his beloved family and multitude of patients, with many more tender, funny, sad and wise stories to share with us and warm our hearts.
  christinejoseph | Aug 27, 2015 |
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all
----------------Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895
TO ZOE
latest beautiful grandchild
When the gate fell on top of me I knew I was really back home.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312966202, Mass Market Paperback)

With each book more embraceable than the last, James Herriot once again brings us the magical beauty of Yorkshire through his heartwarming experiences as a country veterinarian. These new stories provide a grand finale to the wonderful books that began with all Creatures Great and Small.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:13 -0400)

Continues the memoirs of Yorkshire veterinarian James Herriot, as life for Herriot, his wife, and two children gets back to normal after World War II.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,517,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible