Love on the Wind by Barbara Cartland

Love on the Wind

by Barbara Cartland

12None1,129,886 (2.5)None

No reviews

Tormented by her cruel uncle, Sita contemplates suicide, but a mysterious Indian passenger on the voyage to Calcutta convinces her to go on.

She was praying frantically, desperately, when she heard the bolt being lifted off the door. Now there was a figure of a man silhouetted against the light outside. Without being able to see his face, Sita knew and that her prayers had been answered.

"You... have come! You have... come!" she said frantically.

He did not say anything. He put his arms around her, then his lips were on hers. She felt as if the stars moved into her breast and were in her heart and her mind.

"I cannot leave you now," she said. "It is so difficult to think about anybody or pray for them if they are completely anonymous."

"Very well, but promise that you will not speak about me until I tell you that you may. It might be dangerous."

"I love you! I love you so much that I want to..." He put both arms around Sita and kissed her. His kisses were fierce and possessive, and she felt as if her whole body melted into his....

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,699,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible