Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah

Between Sisters (2003)

by Kristin Hannah

I should know better than to read a Kristin Hannah book at work. I was a crying mess as I was sitting in the office at lunch! Another amazing read from this author. This did have a slower start for me than her other books, but once it picked up it never let go. Expect an emotional rode with this one and get the tissues ready. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jul 26, 2018 |
Picked up because I previously enjoyed another Kristin Hannah novel. At first I was worried I wouldn't identify with the characters, because they're older than what I normally read and in more complex life situations. However, Hannah has yet to fail to draw me into her stories. Her characters and their relationships are full of interesting layers.

Sibling relationships can be complicated, especially half-sisters with a large age gap. Throw in a undependable mother and hardship, and you've got a life-time of therapy. Meghann Dontess happens to be in therapy. As a divorce attorney, she hates the fact that her, somewhat-estranged, younger sister is rushing into marriage with a man she barely knows. But Meghann is forced to deal with the situation and some of the skeletons in her closet as she plans her sister's dream wedding. ( )
  vonze | Sep 19, 2017 |
very good book ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
I really wanted to like this book as Hannah is one of my favorite authors. I will say the last third of the book is GREAT and is a tearjerker; however, I thought the older sister was portrayed a little too harsh at times. I especially didn't care for all of the different men she slept with. ( )
  travelgal | Aug 29, 2016 |
After a bad childhood with a neglectful mother, two sisters have a distant and complicated relationship at best. As a divorce lawyer, Meghann finds herself running to save her sister from marrying a man that she met at a bar a couple of weeks ago. He is also a felon and has been married 3 times before. At the very least she needs to get her to sign a prenup. Things dont go according to plan for either of them and they must figure out how to let go of the guilt, shame and blame they are carrying over from the past.. ( )
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Dr. Bloom waited patiently for an answer.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345519469, Paperback)

Years ago, Meghann Dontess made a terrible choice that cost her everything, including the love of her sister, Claire. Now, Meghann is a highly successful attorney who doesn’t believe in intimacy–until she meets the one man who can change her mind. Claire Cavenaugh has fallen in love for the first time in her life. As her wedding day approaches, she prepares to face her strong-willed older sister. Reunited after more than two decades apart, these two women who believe they have nothing in common will try to become what they never were: a family. Tender, funny, bittersweet, and moving, Between Sisters skillfully explores the profound joys and sorrows shared by sisters, the mistakes made in the name of love, and the promise of redemption–all beautifully told by acclaimed author Kristin Hannah.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:18 -0400)

With her wedding day approaching, Claire Cavenaugh prepares to confront her estranged older sister and self-absorbed mother after more than twenty years apart and find out how to transform themselves into a family.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible