Writers of the Future Vol 33 (L. Ron Hubbard…

Writers of the Future Vol 33 (L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the…

by L. Ron Hubbard

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoy the Writers of the Future anthologies because they always have a few stories that are just different :)
So overall I give it 4s, even if I didn’t enjoy all the stories that much.

I think if you read a summary of the plot you’ll automatically want to read the story… because that’s the only way to answer the questions that arise from that tidbit. So instead I’ve ranked the stories by how much I enjoyed reading them.

Favorite:

Gator
Adramelech

Huh? :
The Long Dizzy Down

I'm sure if you get the book you'll end up reading all the stories anyway... how could you resist... but I'd like to assure you it IS worth getting ^^ ( )
  Ignolopi | May 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Forgot L Ron Hubbard started this, and was disappointed that his writings were in here, Most stories started strong but few closed the deal.

All in all, this was just okay. I would not expect to see the "best new writers" on any bestseller lists . Get it to complete the set or pass if you choose. ( )
  mattdocmartin | May 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A solid group of F/SF short stories by new and aspiring writers, along with a couple of L. Ron Hubbard reprints, some art, and advice-essays from current authors. Solid, some good stuff -- I especially enjoyed "Useless Magic" and "Envoy in the Ice." Others didn't grab me so much, a mixed bag. Some of these authors could be ones to watch -- the Writers of the Future! ( )
  singerji | May 18, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as a member of EarlyReviewers.

This collection showcases new talent in the science fiction/fantasy field. The lengthy book had a wide variety of stories and writing styles.

Illustrations accompanied some of the works and added to the overall enjoyment of the book.

There are definitely some authors to watch for in the future! ( )
  ggprof | May 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In short, I enjoyed the book. Not every story. But then, in every anthology I've ever read, there's always been at least one story that I haven't cared for. In this one, there was only one story. I'm not going to mention the story since I didn't like it for reasons that were not related to the quality of the story.

If you're looking for some quality science fiction and fantasy, you could do a lot worse. After all, every story had to be chosen as one of the best. ( )
  RuralRogue | May 11, 2017 |
The book, Writers of the Future Vol 33 is quite interesting! Many authors have played a part in creating this book, which is pretty neat. It's actually has a bunch of excellent and well-written stories in one book. There are a few images, which are like real artwork when you do see them while reading along. I think my favorite thing about this 400-page book is that it's got so many different stories to read, something to pick out and read one every day or whenever I want to read something new. Plus, for a book, what really caught my attention was the front cover, very nicely designed and the art is perfect! It actually works with the stories inside, even for each being an entirely different tale!

I honestly haven't read all of them quite yet! However, the one story that caught my attention, possibly the animals in the title drew me in more. No matter what it might have been, but the story The Fox, the Wolf and the Dove by Ville Meriläine and illustration by David Furnal just seems to call out to me! I read a little bit and notice that the 3 sisters that are the main characters of this tale have plant names as Lily, Rose, and Ivy. These girls all of the different ages from young to older adventuring out together and a story or fable that closely followed their adventure was of The Fox, the Wolf, and the Dove. This is where the title plays it's part, based upon what the girls are doing and who represents each. It's like a fable that is told about the three animals and what each represents. However, I am still going to have to read it, just got a little glimpse of the story, while checking out how many other wonderful stories are inside.

Finally, I think what I've read in a few is that they are very well written and uses words that grab you and make you interested to read more. You almost feel part of the action and adventure. Plus, the idea of what they author is describing is very much something you feel can be visual in your mind while reading. Such a wonderful book, which I'm gonna start reading soon!
added by natosha120 | editBlogger, Natosha Miller (Apr 18, 2017)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

L. Ron Hubbard's book Writers of the Future Volume 33 is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,439,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible