The Power of Time Perception: Control the…

The Power of Time Perception: Control the Speed of Time to Make Every…

by Jean Paul Zogby

92950,433 (5)None

I work full time and struggle with time, I always seem to be battling against the clock. So when asked to review this book -I thought this may help me.

the book gave me a background to the psychology - how we perceive time, how we can make time - can I be more organised - how do I cope when things are out of my control?
the author writes well and personally this gave me tips on how to literally make every second count - will that mean I can watch box sets - probably not as life is too short.
The book made me realise as I am contemplating less hours at work that time is precious and not as important as money (although helps too)
Recommended read and worth the time. ( )
  mexico24 | Jun 1, 2017 |
Since reading this book, I have already quoted portions of it to different people in my social circle. The section about how introverts and extroverts perceive time was fascinating and felt spot on. Being married to an extrovert means I consistently see the consequences of how he perceives time with him being late.

I would have liked to see the citations from studies worked into the text, versus all being contained in the back of the book. Different studies referenced sounded interesting, but it would be difficult to figure out which study from the list the author was referring to. ( )
  CAEdwards | May 27, 2017 |

Do you want to Control the Speed of Time?
"This Thought-provoking book is a must-read. It will change your view on time" -  Sarah Busby - Editor
Why does time seem to speed up as we grow older?Why does it fly when we are having fun and drag when we are bored?Do you wonder why you feel like you were 20 years old just yesterday?Drawing on the latest research from the fields of Psychology and Neuroscience, Jean Paul Zoghbi explores the mysteries of how we experience time in this thought-provoking book.
Jean Paul offers insight on:The things you can do to extend a moment of Bliss or shorten a moment of PainHow to look back a week, month, or year and be satisfied it was time well spentHow to slowdown life so you can do all the things you've always wanted to doThis book will make you aware of your own time, how precious it is, how fast it slips by,  and ways to make every second count.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:59:30 -0500)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jean Paul Zogby's book The Power of Time Perception was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jean Paul Zogby is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible