A Ghostly Mortality: A Ghostly Southern…

A Ghostly Mortality: A Ghostly Southern Mystery (Ghostly Southern… (edition 2017)

by Tonya Kappes (Author)

322,001,085 (4.5)None
Member:sherry69
Title:A Ghostly Mortality: A Ghostly Southern Mystery (Ghostly Southern Mysteries)
Authors:Tonya Kappes (Author)
Info:Witness (2017), 336 pages
Tags:tonya kappes, paranormal, supernatural, cozy mystery, southern flavor, read in 2017, 4 star review

A Ghostly Mortality by Tonya Kappes

Recently added bysherry69, bgknighton, Harley0326

No tags.

With the tease at the end of A Ghostly Reunion, I knew I had to have me some more of Emma and her granny in this riproaring Ghost Whispering kind of haunting murder mystery.

A plastic Santa had fallen on Emma’s head and now she sees dead people. It’s fitting that she lives and runs a funeral home.

This Ghost Whispering sleuth lives in a small town where everyone knows your business and some considered the creepy funeral girl a bit wacky, talking to herself…or at least that’s what they think as she talks to ghosts that no one else can see.

Jack Henry is her hot cop sweetie and he jumpstarts her day with a happy feeling.

Emma’s seventy seven year old granny rides a moped. I can see her tooling around town in all her glory.

Marla and her pet hen.

Mable always has a coin for passing children.

Her new client? The only reason I saw it coming was the tease in Ghostly Reunion and I love it. I could see the ghost…whispering in her ear, laughing, talking, telling Emma to “get on with it.”

Humor, murder, mystery, family situations that made me want to laugh out loud.

Warning! Be careful where you read this. You too may be considered nuts for laughing out loud in public.

A Ghostly Mortality contains a ton of mystery, laughs and love…the total package for a cozy mystery.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of A Ghostly Mortality by Tonya Kappes. ( )
  sherry69 | Mar 17, 2017 |
It's another big hit for this very talented author as A Ghostly Mortality brings us laughs, heartwarming moments and a mystery that is sure to intrigue you. I love the authors quirky southern sayings throughout the book. It is fun to read a book that has great characters that come to life. The story is a look at the mortuary business and the shenanigans that take place there.

Emma is a great character that has her hands full keeping up with her grandmother and sassy sister. It seems that the two sisters are in a bit of a disagreement since they work for different mortuaries. Why would Charlotte go work for the other company when her family owns their own funeral business? It certainly doesn't set well with Emma . I loved the bickering between the two sisters. The sibling rivalry was well written and I loved how others seem to pick sides at times.

Charlotte is so sure she made the right decision when she took the new job that she loves to try to take business away from Emma. There are some very loud arguments that cause hurt feelings between the two and Emma seems to have had enough of her sister . That all changes when Emma sees her sister and realizes that she is a ghost. Did I mention that Emma helps people cross over? Emma is shocked to realize her sister is dead . I would not want to be able to talk to ghosts or see them. Poor Emma must be beside herself now that her own sister needs her help. Not only is Charlotte dead but someone murdered her .

I loved the back and forth talking between the sisters when it looked like Emma was talking to herself. I must mention the grandmother because she was one mad woman when she found out about Charlotte. She does go a bit crazy wanting answers to her granddaughter 's death. The author does a brilliant job showing how a grandmother is willing to give up anything to catch the killer .

I had my list of suspects in my head but I did not guess who the killer was. In fact I was quite surprised who it was and more importantly why Charlotte was killed. The creativity of the author really shines in this book as the mystery takes a turn I never saw coming. You don't want to miss this outstanding book written by an author who always delivers a story that is intriguing , full of laughs and characters that are unforgettable.

I received a copy of this book from Great Escape Book Tours. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Feb 22, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062466976, Mass Market Paperback)

That ghost sure looks . . . familiar

Only a handful of people know that Emma Lee Raines, proprietor of a small-town Kentucky funeral home, is a “Betweener.” She helps ghosts stuck between here and the ever-after—murdered ghosts. Once Emma Lee gets them justice they can cross over to the great beyond.

But Emma Lee’s own sister refuses to believe in her special ability. In fact, the Raines sisters have barely gotten along since Charlotte Rae left the family business for the competition. After a doozy of an argument, Emma Lee is relieved to see Charlotte Rae back home to make nice. Until she realizes her usually snorting, sarcastic, family-ditching sister is a . . . ghost.

Charlotte Rae has no earthly idea who murdered her or why. With her heart in tatters, Emma Lee relies more than ever on her sexy beau, Sheriff Jack Henry Ross…because this time, catching a killer means the Raines sisters will have to make peace with each other first.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 22 Feb 2017 22:47:39 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,249,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible