From Here to There: A Book of Mazes to…

From Here to There: A Book of Mazes to Wander and Explore

by Sean C. Jackson

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It was a present surprise getting this in the mail, as I didn't think I would get a copy. Mazes have been fun for me since I was a child. Most of the mazes are pictures of homes with sidewalks, steps, bridges, and deadends. The mazes appear to have one solution only, but are not like labyrinths where every path is followed from outside begining to inner destination. ( )
  vpfluke | Jul 8, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
No need to HEDGE your bets, this book is aMAZEing. I read it from START to END along the many TWISTS and TURNS along the way. I will admit I was LOST from time-to-time, but the last few pages SHOWED THE CORRECT PATH.

Seriously, I'm so used to the two-dimensional, black and white mazes published in newspapers and puzzle books, that seeing mazes with depth and presence was eye opening. The mazes are challenging and fun. What more could you want? ( )
  smcgurr | Jun 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sean C. Jackson has hand rendered a total of 57 mazes. All the mazes are representative of real world settings and are colorful in their presentation. At the back end of the book is the successful routes through each of the 57 mazes. But before going to the resolutions of the mazes start as recommended by the author to trace with your finger of erasure end of a pencil each of the amazes as an enjoyable sense of completion will accompany each successful maze. Each maze has distinctive style and coloration as well as names such as "Cavefish", "The Last Lodge" and "Forever Stairs". Each maze is sufficiently challenging without being overly difficult and should give the reader a most enjoyable experience. ( )
  Wisconco | Jun 16, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I've always loved puzzles and while I haven't made time in recent years to use them as a means to decompress like I used to, I think this book may have just gotten me back on track...some really fun stuff here! My only suggestion for future installments would be to add some variation in shading and/or pops of color from maze to maze...perhaps a bit less muted? ( )
  HarleyChristensen | Jun 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a fun and visually stunning puzzle book. My son is at that perfect age where he's obsessed with mazes so we're both having a good time exploring them together. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Jun 15, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145215869X, Paperback)

Sean Jackson has been illustrating and exploring mazes for his own enjoyment for more than 30 years. Inspired by art, architecture, and the natural world, his colorfully detailed mazes offer imaginative and meditative journeys through village streets, garden vistas, island habitats, castle grounds, scenic towns, and gravity-defying surreal situations—each encouraging the mind to wander while following the paths. This large-format collection features nearly 50 absorbing single-page and full-spread mazes, sequenced with increasing complexity, and includes inventive bonuses such as mazes with two paths to follow and a maze that runs on the inside covers from front to back. Solutions are provided, but for those seeking mindful activity or hours of puzzle decoding entertainment, getting there will be half the fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 05 Mar 2017 02:15:52 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Sean C. Jackson's book From Here to There is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,175,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible