Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire, Book 10)…

Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire, Book 10) (edition 2017)

by Tui T. Sutherland (Author)

Member:krau0098
Title:Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire, Book 10)
Authors:Tui T. Sutherland (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2017), 432 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:dragons, fantasy, adventure, middle grade

Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire, Book 10) by Tui T. Sutherland

When Ostrich, one of Qibli's friends, is kidnapped by a Sandwing, Qibli and Winter race to the Sand Kingdom to rescue her. There, Qibli encounters his awful family who seem to be plotting with Darkstalker against Queen Thorn.

Can Qibli rescue Ostrich, save Thorn, and defeat Darkstalker? ( )
  soraki | Jun 7, 2018 |
This is the 10th book in the Wings of Fire series. This was a really excellent continuation of the series. This book ties up the story arc dealing with Darkstalker and starts up a new one. Sutherland has said that there are going to be another 5 books in this series (bringing it to a total of 15 books). I have enjoyed this series but mostly continue to read it because my 10 year old son adores this series and we talk to each other about it a lot.

This book centers around Qibli; the dragon who had a rough childhood and desperately wants animus magic. With most of the dragons enchanted to follow Darkstalker, Qibli is one of the few who can stop Darkstalker. Qibli uses his wits and intelligence (along with some magic objects from Turtle) to break Darkstalker’s enchantment on the other dragons and stop Darkstalker from taking over the world.

We learn a lot about Qibli’s past and there is a lot about his birth family as well. As with previous books there is a lot in here about using power responsibly and about the importance of friendship. Additionally Qibli realizes that even though his birth family is pretty horrible, he can create himself a new family out of the friends and dragons who support and love him.

I always think the topics and events covered in this series are a bit advanced for middle grade readers. However my son (who is 10 now) has been reading these books since he was seven or so and really loves them. These books are fun, interesting, and engaging. They also provide some food for thought.

Overall this was a fantastic continuation of the Wings of Fire series. I really loved how the Darkstalker storyline was wrapped up. These books are always easy to read, engaging, and well written. I would definitely recommend to middle grade and older readers who love dragons, adventure, war, and magic. ( )
  krau0098 | Sep 17, 2017 |
A dragon was fleeing across the dunes.
"Why can't we go two days without a crisis?" Tsunami demanded when they told her. "Why is this school a magnet for disaster?"
"I'm getting my own cave for real this time!" he shouted. "I will not be forced to cohabitate with a deranged dragon!" Winter tore off the tunnel before Qibli could stop him.
"Oh, aha," Peril said thoughtfully. "I know! Maybe if I set it on fire a little bit, that'll scare it into doing what you want!"
Smolder lifted his wings. "Well, I haven't stayed alive this long by running toward the shrieking things in the dark."
"Yes, I do!" Anemone said ferociously. "I want to make him notice me by stabbing him in the eyeball!"

A young NightWing may have had the first true prophecy in generations . . .

Something is coming to shake the earth
Something is coming to scorch the ground
Jade Mountain will fall beneath thunder and ice
Unless the lost city of night can be found.

Will the return of Darkstalker bring a horrible future to Pyrrhia? Or can five young dragons save the world -- again?

Don't miss the thrilling conclusion to the new prophecy in the epic, bestselling Wings of Fire series!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Mar 2017 09:30:17 -0500)

When a young NightWing has the first prophecy in generations of the end of Pyrrhia, five young dragons are tasked with saving the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,973,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible