Star Trek Cats by Jenny Parks

I bought this one because I won her TNG version. She is a great artist.

This is a great little stocking stuffer type book for the Trekkie in your life. ( )
1 vote melsmarsh | Jul 26, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Illustrator Jenny Parks has created a must have for Star Trek fans (the original of course!). The little book features a variety of cats portraying the various characters from the original Star Trek, including James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock. Each page gives a take the iconic characters and scenes from the series—from Kirk in the Captain's chair to Spock offering his Vulcan wisdom and Scotty trying to get the engines to function. The illustrations in this little book are wonderful—my favorite is the Scottish fold cat as Scotty the engineer. I think this is a must for Trekkie fans and those who may want to share with their soon to be Trekkie children. 3 out of 5 stars. ( )
  marsap | Aug 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ok, I'm not a cat person, but I do like Star Trek. And I thought this book was great! The author did a great job with the personalities of the actors and making them cats. If you need a quick chuckle or two, pick this book up! ( )
  CharlesSvec | Jul 25, 2017 |
Star Treks cats aren’t ordinary cats. They don’t chase mice; they chase Klingons. Seriously, if the Star Trek cast were cats instead of humans, this is what they would look like. The Captain looks rather arrogant and is definitely in charge. But the Vulcan cat looks like he really does know everything, but is aloof and perhaps a bit bored. A well thought-out and decidedly attractive marriage between cats and Star Trek. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 22, 2017 |
This book features illustrations of scenes from the original Star Trek, except that all the characters are cats. This is a ridiculous idea, and it ought to make for kind of a dumb, gimmicky book. And yet, I found it utterly, comprehensively delightful. I don't quite understand why. Is it because the cats somehow look amazingly like the characters they're portraying? (Seriously, that is the Kirkest cat that ever Kirked. And OMG, Scotty is a Scottish fold!) Is it because the illustrations are beautifully, lovingly done, with lots of fun detail? (You can just tell Bones-kitty does not like the transporter!) Is it because the artist is clearly a huge Trek fan and has chosen to illustrate some really specific moments from the series, complete with snippets of dialog, in a way that invites a fun game of name-the-episode? Is it the inclusion of the green Orion slave-cat?

I don't know. I don't know what it is. But I'm grinning like an idiot over this thing. My only complaint about it is that it's tiny, and I want more. I wonder if Jenny Parks could be persuaded to do a TNG version? ( )
  bragan | Jul 16, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145215841X, Hardcover)

Captain's log: We have entered a galaxy where beloved illustrator Jenny Parks has conjured an astonishingly vivid homage to the original Star Trek series with an unexpected twist: a cast of cats. Featuring a hilarious new take on iconic characters and scenes—from Kirk in the Captain's chair to Spock offering his Vulcan wisdom—this eye-opening adventure stays true to the tone of the classic TV show. Playful, loving, and from a strange new world, Star Trek Cats is the perfect gift for fans of, well, Star Trek and cats.

TM & © 2017 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:52:47 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Jenny Parks's book Star Trek Cats is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,960,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible