Star Trek Cats by Jenny Parks
2017 (1) animals (1) art (1) cats (4) Early Reviewers (1) First Edition (1) hardcover (1) humor (2) March 2017 (1) read2017 (1) sad (1) sf (1) Star Trek (4) unowned (1)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was... odd. I'm not sure what I was expecting -- maybe something cutesy? -- but it was legitimately just Star Trek Cats. Illustrations of cats reenacting famous scenes from Star Trek: The Original Series. But hey, they're excellent illustrations! Especially Spock!Cat and Kirk!Cat.

I don't even know how to rate this. I don't know why it exists, but it does what it does really well? ( )
  Andibook | Jun 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
With a book called Star Trek Cats, you have a pretty good idea what the book is about. What surprised me was how amazing the drawings were! Every page was awesome. Realistic looking cats in recognizable scenes from classic Star Trek episodes. This book is a delight for fans of cats or fans of Star Trek, and a double delight for fans of both. Highly recommended.

I was fortunate to receive a copy of this book from the publisher. ( )
  tottman | Jun 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Cute book, but would be better if the cats were photographed instead of drawn. Staging particular episodes was a fun idea. The breeds of cats chosen for each classic trek actor was dead on. ( )
  Autolykos | Jun 17, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The author took great pains to match the major Star Trek characters to cat breeds that match their ethnicity or looks. I don't know much about cat breeds except to recognize the Scottish breed that represents Scotty. Kirk seems to be a regular tom cat (pun intended?) Spock is represented by a breed with amazingly tall ears.
Each page or pair of pages is a scene taken from an episode of the series and fans should have no difficulty identifying it. I had problems with one - on pages 34-35 from episode "Amok Time". It just didn't ring a bell with me.
The one that cracked me up was the cat on the transporter pad pawing the sprinkles one sees when it is energized.
It obviously doesn't take very long to page through this little book but I had a smile on my face the whole time. ( )
  mamzel | Jun 16, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Jenny Parks' Star Trek Cats features illustrations from the author reimagining scenes from seventeen episodes of the original Star Trek with cats. The episodes come from the first two seasons and the pilot, with a few scenes appearing across multiple pages. Parks' illustrations are gorgeous and each would be lovely gracing the wall of a fan of both Star Trek and cats. The attention to detail, both to the cats' appearance and behavior and to the visual aesthetic of Star Trek, is simply stunning and far better than one would expect from a novelty book of this sort. Star Trek Cats will delight fans of both of the titular subjects and makes for a lovely gift book! ( )
  DarthDeverell | Jun 16, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145215841X, Hardcover)

Captain's log: We have entered a galaxy where beloved illustrator Jenny Parks has conjured an astonishingly vivid homage to the original Star Trek series with an unexpected twist: a cast of cats. Featuring a hilarious new take on iconic characters and scenes—from Kirk in the Captain's chair to Spock offering his Vulcan wisdom—this eye-opening adventure stays true to the tone of the classic TV show. Playful, loving, and from a strange new world, Star Trek Cats is the perfect gift for fans of, well, Star Trek and cats.

TM & © 2017 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:52:47 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Jenny Parks's book Star Trek Cats is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,047,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible