2DEE by Robin Wyatt Dunn

No tags.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I understood more or less what the plot is, but it was not easy at all. The sections in which the story goes on are sparse: in the between there is a lot of text I think is oniric (dreamy, if you prefer), but then again it may not be. Some of the characters are presented in different ways, and I could not make heads of tails of them. True, this is a sequel, as I found out; but I am not sure that even having read the first book the story would be clearer. The real leading character is actually the city of Los Angeles, and the scenes in which Dunn speaks of her are by far the one I liked most. In a nutshell, it's a book for people who like strong images rather than a well developed story. ( )
  .mau. | Apr 17, 2017 |
This was a very weird book. It kept jumping from one topic/area to another. I only managed to get to page 108 before I have up. The book didn't make any coherent sense... ( )
  daleala | Apr 17, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not a very easy read. If one chooses this book just to relax during a lazy afternoon, then they didn't do a good choice. This novel is not for facile entertainment.
Despite the first impression, the main character is the city of Los Angeles. I've read other books and even poems written by the author and I recognized his angst, as well as his love and hate relationship with his home town.
Reading this novel, I could recognize Dunn's political views and discontent.
The story is not very optimistic, although one can have a glimpse of optimism here and there. I think that the author doesn't have too much faith in the future of his town and tries to sound the alarm so that he could make people understand where the society is heading if there's no change in the way people treat one another and the environment.
I deducted one star because there were moments when the action was confusing. ( )
  roxana.nastase | Apr 10, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I gathered that LA is empty, he has a AI son to save, theres some aliens, and character had to kill someone.

.. and that's it. Random roaming story and changes randomly. I could not follow it at all.

I didn't know it was a second book in series till I saw the ending, and with hint for third, maybe. Yeah, not getting either. This being a second book does not matter either, as plot starts randomly and ends randomly. Oh there is some general hints but it is not enough. ( )
  xxcoder | Apr 7, 2017 |
This book was different than I thought it would be. There was much more adult content and violence than i thought there would be. The plot is interesting although it is very difficult to understand the beginning as it is very fragmented and you are a lost as the character is himself (which is the effect i suppose the author wanted).

This book would be a good read for people who like intense and adult Sci Fi, and who enjoy some psychedelic imagery and plot twists. It was not my cup of tea unfortunately. ( )
  Elly88 | Apr 6, 2017 |

Robin Wyatt Dunn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

2DEE by Robin Wyatt Dunn was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible