The Wicked & The Divine Volume 5: Imperial…

The Wicked & The Divine Volume 5: Imperial Phase I (edition 2017)

by Kieron Gillen (Author), Jamie Mckelvie (Artist)

Member:stevepugh
Title:The Wicked & The Divine Volume 5: Imperial Phase I
Authors:Kieron Gillen (Author)
Other authors:Jamie Mckelvie (Artist)
Info:Image Comics (2017), Edition: 01, 200 pages

The Wicked & The Divine Volume 5: Imperial Phase I by Kieron Gillen

I don't understand the pacing of this series. Just when it seems things are picking up, everything comes screeching to a halt. The longer it goes on the less I understand what's going on and the less I care about any of the characters. It certainly looks nice though. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
with such a convoluted storyline and this many characters, it's always a huge struggle to find my way back into the story after waiting for months for the next trade to come out. but it's worth it. ( )
  nimbon | Jul 24, 2018 |
The Great Darkness is at hand!

The first portion of this book is a fake magazine, featuring interviews with the various members of the Pantheon about the events that have thus far happened. The interviews were altogether interesting, and served to further some interesting character development. In particular I enjoyed the interview with Woden, problematic and confusing character that he is. My feelings about all the characters are just so confused now.

As a whole this volume is just a mess, but it needs to be a mess. The Pantheon is now able to do whatever they want, so of course they take advantage of the fact. Chaos reigns, and everything and everyone is confused. Who is good, who is bad, and what precisely is meant to happen? The countdown is on, and as Baal was the first of the Pantheon to manifest his death date is looming near. What would we do without him? Does anyone truly want to know?

On to phase II... ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
The conspiracy elements are ramping up, the remaining avatars are splitting in to camps, and the woman who might have been able to explain what was going on shared tidbits of information unevenly amongst her favourites before her death (in a previous volume) so no-one really has any idea of how bad things are going to get. The plot line of the coming Great Darkness gets a lot of attention, and the morality of the gods gets delved into.
  fred_mouse | May 10, 2018 |
That was really boring. Where are my goths? ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |

Kieron Gillenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mckelvie, JamieArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wada, KevinIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"Every ninety years, twelve gods return as young people. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are all dead. It's happening now. It's happening again"--Page 4 of cover. The gods are free to do whatever they want. Inevitably, they do. Collects issues 23-28 of the series, including the critically lauded Kevin Wada magazine issue.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,978,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible