Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Voyager (1994)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (3)

English (105)  German (2)  All languages (107)
I loved this book. There were so many unexpected twists and turns. I definitely went through every range of emotions with this book from hate to jealousy to despair to hope to happiness and many more! I am so glad I can immediately start book #4! ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Claire, returns in Voyager as a mother to Brianna Ellen Randall and living in Boston in the year 1965. The preceding novel, Dragonfly in Amber, ended with Claire and Brianna coming to grips with the truth of the identity of Brianna's real father, Jamie Fraser, and Claire's travel through time. In Voyager, Claire and Brianna trace Jamie's life since the battle of Culloden during the Scottish Rising. Discovering Jamie survived the massacre that heralded the destruction of many clans in Scotland sends Claire back to the stone circle that first hurtled her through time - twenty years before. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Out the books I have read by Diana so far, this book was my favorite. Right from the beginning it was hard to put the book down and I found myself rooting for Jamie and Claire through all of their hardships. I laughed nearly as much as I was brought to tears and kept on turning the pages, anxious to see what would happen next. Diana is an amazing author and has brought a perfect mix of facts, fantasy, star-crossed lovers, and intrigue through her words. I look forward to reading all of the books in the series. ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
I believe this is my favorite book in the series thus far. I loved all the little surprises and the way the details wove together. I adore this couple and their resilience. I was on the edge of my seat through many sections. So much happened in this book and the characters covered so much ground that the Voyager title is very fitting. I know some readers don't like all the detailed description, but for me it's a guilty pleasure. Things became a little fantastical, with all the old acquaintances popping up, but I just didn't care. I was too immersed in the story to be bothered by it. A definite re-read in the future, but not until I finish the series. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Scotland to Boston, back to Scotland then to France and the West Indies. Geilis makes an appearance or two. Claire finds out about Jaime's last twenty years without her. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Regös, FerencCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schuhmacher, Sonjasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steckhan, Barbarasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Many a Highland chieftain fought,
Many a gallant man did fall.
Death itself was dearly bought,
All for Scotland's King and law.
- "Will Ye No Come Back Again"
To my children, Laura Juliet, Samuel Gordon, and Jennifer Rose, Who gave me the heart, the blood, and the bones of this book.
When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles. (Prologue)
He was dead.

In this rich, vibrant tale, Diana Gabaldon continues the story of Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser that began with the now-classic novel Outlander and continued in Dragonfly in Amber. Sweeping us from the battlefields of eighteenth-century Scotland to the exotic West Indies, Diana Gabaldon weaves magic once again in an exhilarating and utterly unforgettable novel....

Their love affair happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her ... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.

When she discovers that Jamie may have survived, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face what awaits her ... the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland ... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that lies beyond the standing stones.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:36 -0400)

Two decades later, for a second time, Claire Randall travels back to eighteenth-century Scotland to be reunited with Jamie, the man she cannot forget.Time-travelling Claire Randall returns to her own time, pregnant and weary, and resumes her life, but her memories of her eighteenth-century Scottish lover Jamie Fraser will not die, leading her to a desperate decision to return to him.… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible