Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Voyager (1994)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (3)

6,545None580 (4.28)158
Recently added byevagordon, folk.laur, private library, AoifeT, AprilAnn0814, ebethjd, fbswss, adriana2430, Ladyzen

English (81)  German (1)  All languages (82)
More Jamie, and that is never a bad thing. Three down, 4 to go before the new one comes out. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Feb 27, 2014 |
More John Grey research for Yuletide. He's a supporting character in this and interests me far, far more than Jamie, Claire, or the daughter. Gabaldon does good action-adventure and compelling m/m relationships, but her women are really annoying. ( )
  sageness | Feb 7, 2014 |
My favorite of the Outlander books so far. ( )
  bearette24 | Jan 7, 2014 |
Excellent narration by Davina Porter but so damn long. These books remind me of those 1970s and 80s epic miniseries. Jamie and Claire are interesting characters and they have great adventures but a whole lot hinges on a lot of coincidences. I struggled when I read the second book so I think the audio worked better for me where it was just there every day instead of mocking me for my lack of progress the way the book did. I'll be taking a break and then I'll listen to the 4th. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I don't even know where to start with this one. Seriously.

I liked it better than Dragonfly in Amber. That's definite. But seriously, how many dramatic events does ONE book need? Because I'm a little tired after finishing this one.

*slight SPOILERS ahead*

The 1st half was kind of quiet...a little bit boring even. But after the fairly "meh" reunion things start going REALLY fast. And I mean REALLY fast. There's whores, and smugglers, hidden treasures and pirates. A kidnapping and a persecution. A serial murder with an insane sister. A Chinese that domesticates pelicans. A British man-of-war plagued by disease and the ability to show up and the most inconvenient times.

In the end this book series still fulfills the ultimate goal of escapism, nothing can be further from reality that THIS. But I still love Jamie and Claire's love so ultimately I know I'm going to end up reading them all. ( )
  joanasimao | Sep 28, 2013 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Many a Highland chieftain fought,
Many a gallant man did fall.
Death itself was dearly bought,
All for Scotland's King and law.
- "Will Ye No Come Back Again"
To my children, Laura Juliet, Samuel Gordon, and Jennifer Rose, Who gave me the heart, the blood, and the bones of this book.
Prologue

When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles.

In this rich, vibrant tale, Diana Gabaldon continues the story of Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser that began with the now-classic novel Outlander and continued in Dragonfly in Amber. Sweeping us from the battlefields of eighteenth-century Scotland to the exotic West Indies, Diana Gabaldon weaves magic once again in an exhilarating and utterly unforgettable novel....

Their love affair happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her ... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.

When she discovers that Jamie may have survived, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face what awaits her ... the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland ... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that lies beyond the standing stones.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:41 -0400)

Two decades later, for a second time, Claire Randall travels back to eighteenth-century Scotland to be reunited with Jamie, the man she cannot forget.Time-travelling Claire Randall returns to her own time, pregnant and weary, and resumes her life, but her memories of her eighteenth-century Scottish lover Jamie Fraser will not die, leading her to a desperate decision to return to him.… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,461,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible