Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Voyager (1994)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (3)

English (107)  German (2)  All languages (109)
I thought this book started slow, I would have preferred jumping right into the plot instead of so much backstory. There were quite a few things that were hard to suspend disbelief about. How many times can Jaime be injured? Does anyone realize how hard it was for a woman to get into medical school in the 1950's, especially since she has no formal education whatsoever? And what is with the homosexual hangup? It was OLD in the second book. Does the author think every gay man is out to get her husband? Lots of great action, though, still a very entertaining read. ( )
  memccauley6 | May 3, 2016 |
Finally Claire and Jamie are reunited, but all is not smooth going. 20 years apart have to be reconciled and there is no peace to do it what with jewels and pirates and people coming back from the dead and witchcraft and all. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 30, 2016 |
I loved this book. There were so many unexpected twists and turns. I definitely went through every range of emotions with this book from hate to jealousy to despair to hope to happiness and many more! I am so glad I can immediately start book #4! ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Claire, returns in Voyager as a mother to Brianna Ellen Randall and living in Boston in the year 1965. The preceding novel, Dragonfly in Amber, ended with Claire and Brianna coming to grips with the truth of the identity of Brianna's real father, Jamie Fraser, and Claire's travel through time. In Voyager, Claire and Brianna trace Jamie's life since the battle of Culloden during the Scottish Rising. Discovering Jamie survived the massacre that heralded the destruction of many clans in Scotland sends Claire back to the stone circle that first hurtled her through time - twenty years before. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Out the books I have read by Diana so far, this book was my favorite. Right from the beginning it was hard to put the book down and I found myself rooting for Jamie and Claire through all of their hardships. I laughed nearly as much as I was brought to tears and kept on turning the pages, anxious to see what would happen next. Diana is an amazing author and has brought a perfect mix of facts, fantasy, star-crossed lovers, and intrigue through her words. I look forward to reading all of the books in the series. ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |

Regös, FerencCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schuhmacher, Sonjasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steckhan, Barbarasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Many a Highland chieftain fought,
Many a gallant man did fall.
Death itself was dearly bought,
All for Scotland's King and law.
- "Will Ye No Come Back Again"
To my children, Laura Juliet, Samuel Gordon, and Jennifer Rose, Who gave me the heart, the blood, and the bones of this book.
When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles. (Prologue)
He was dead.

In this rich, vibrant tale, Diana Gabaldon continues the story of Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser that began with the now-classic novel Outlander and continued in Dragonfly in Amber. Sweeping us from the battlefields of eighteenth-century Scotland to the exotic West Indies, Diana Gabaldon weaves magic once again in an exhilarating and utterly unforgettable novel....

Their love affair happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her ... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.

When she discovers that Jamie may have survived, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face what awaits her ... the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland ... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that lies beyond the standing stones.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:36 -0400)

Two decades later, for a second time, Claire Randall travels back to eighteenth-century Scotland to be reunited with Jamie, the man she cannot forget.Time-travelling Claire Randall returns to her own time, pregnant and weary, and resumes her life, but her memories of her eighteenth-century Scottish lover Jamie Fraser will not die, leading her to a desperate decision to return to him.… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,786,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible