Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Things We Do for Love by Kristin Hannah

The Things We Do for Love (2004)

by Kristin Hannah

English (17)  German (1)  All languages (18)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I forget how much I enjoy Kristin Hannah's writing because I don't see a lot of press for her. I like to compare her to Nicholas Sparks but with happy endings. I loved all the characters in this story. She made me absolutely hate the ones that were bad and love the ones who deserved it. The story line was magnificent with just enough angst to keep you on your toes. I'm going to make sure I put her books in my regular rotation. I wholeheartedly recommend this book ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
Obviously no great literary masterpiece and it wasn't hard to figure out from about the 4th chapter how this would end but a nice, light read and I enjoyed it.

My few problems with it would be:
1. some of the characters were completely unrealistic
2. frustrating that it had the main character chose to keep the baby and made it seem like everything would end happily ever after.
  songbird72 | Feb 25, 2018 |
Very good, but an expected ending. Angie is unable to carry a baby to term, so she heads back to her family hometown after the divorce to pick up the pieces. She starts trying to save her family's Italian restaurant, and along the way makes teen Lauren's acquaintance. Lauren's mother is stuggling with alcoholism and always picking poor relationships, making Lauren function more as the parent. When Lauren finds herself pregnant and abandoned by her mother, Angie takes her in, forming a new kind of family. ( )
  nancynova | Oct 14, 2017 |
Another great book by this author. Love her writing style. It flows so easily and her characters are always well developed and believable. In this one a newly divorced woman whose marraige fell apart because of her grieving not being able to have a child heads home to her family. She meets a teenager whose has recently been abandoned by her alcoholic mother. Through the story they comfort one another and learn to love and trust again and not let thier pasts define thier futures.
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Things do not change; we change. - Henry David Thoreau.
Once again, for Benjamin and Tucker. For good friends: Holly and Gerald, Mark and Monica, Tom and Lori, Megan and Kany, and Steve and Jill. And finally, a special thanks to Linda Marrow, for an effort that was above and beyond the call of duty.
The streets of West End were crowded on this unexpectedly sunny day.
ISBN 0471618578 belongs to The 80960 Microprocessor Architecture by Glenford J. Myers and David L. Budde.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345520807, Paperback)

Years of trying unsuccessfully to conceive a child have broken more than Angie DeSaria’s heart. Following a painful divorce, she moves back to her small Pacific Northwest hometown and takes over management of her family’s restaurant. In West End, where life rises and falls like the tides, Angie’s fortunes will drastically change yet again when she meets and befriends a troubled young woman.

Angie hires Lauren Ribido because she sees something special in the seventeen-year-old. They quickly form a deep bond, and when Lauren is abandoned by her mother, Angie offers the girl a place to stay. But nothing could have prepared Angie for the far-reaching repercussions of this act of kindness. Together, these two women—one who longs for a child and the other who longs for a mother’s love—will be tested in ways that neither could have imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:13 -0400)

Years of trying unsuccessfully to conceive a child have broken more than Angie DeSaria's heart. Following a painful divorce, she moves back to her small Pacific Northwest hometown and takes over management of her family's restaurant. In West End, where life rises and falls like the tides, Angie's fortunes will drastically change yet again when she meets and befriends a troubled young woman. Angie hires Lauren Ribido because she sees something special in the seventeen-year-old. They quickly form a deep bond, and when Lauren is abandoned by her mother, Angie offers the girl a place to stay. But nothing could have prepared Angie for the far-reaching repercussions of this act of kindness. Together, these two women-one who longs for a child and the other who longs for a mother's love-will be tested in ways that neither could have imagined. A poignant, evocative story that celebrates the magic of motherhood, the joys of coming home, and the price we so willingly pay for love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible