The Quiet Coup: A Political Thriller by Rob…

The Quiet Coup: A Political Thriller

by Rob Lubitz

521,436,638 (5)None

No tags.

After reading The Quiet Coup, I learned that this book is the final book in a 3-part series. Surprisingly, the story read like it was from an unconnected book. So many other authors take a story and just chop it up into three parts in order to make a series. Rob Lubitz apparently wrote this book with for his readers’ enjoyment as his primary objective.

The Quiet Coup is a CIA thriller focused on a couple living in Hawaii under assumed names; all memories of their past having been erased. They begin to suspect that they may not be who they think they are after a newspaper reporter confronts them about their resemblance to a couple who have disappeared. That confrontation ultimately leads to an attempt on their lives that becomes the basis for the CIA Washington Beltway thriller.

This was an enjoyable read. I recommend the book to anyone who likes thrillers and Washington Beltway intrigue. ( )
  ronploude | May 28, 2017 |
THE QUIET COUP: A POLITICAL THRILLER BY ROB LUBITZ is the third in a series but can be read as a stand alone book as I did.

What a rollercoaster ride of a book! The twists and turns of THE QUIET COUP kept me reading way past my bedtime! I think I even forgot to breath while reading this its so good! What I love about this book is that it starts out so casually so peaceful, a picnicking couple who are obviously very much in love, & ends up with death, CIA plots, crooked Congressmen , car chases, shootings, and a whole mixed bag of adventure! What really scared me about this book is that it could be taken from reality, (maybe it is who knows)

If you like your thrillers fast and furious I highly recommend THE QUIET COUP BY ROB LUBITZ.

I recieved this book free from goodreads in exchange for a honest review. ( )
  DDJTJ1 | May 24, 2017 |

Years ago the CIA developed a powerful hypnosis-enhancing drug. Its existence is a closely guarded secret. Now the agency is being attacked by a fringe congressman who is rapidly amassing power and influence. Worse yet, some of the drug is missing. Five thousand miles away in Hawaii, accident survivors Bill and Cheryl Parker are living idyllic, isolated lives on the island of Molokai. But after an earthquake shatters their bliss, and an investigative reporter makes disturbing inquiries, they begin to question who they really are. Their search for the truth propels them into the crosshairs of a contract killer and into the center of a political coup in Washington. In this heart-racing, mind-twisting political thriller, two lovers are about to discover that life hangs by the thinnest thread, reality is not always what it seems, and nothing is certain in an uncertain world.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:23:32 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rob Lubitz's book The Quiet Coup: A Political Thriller was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rob Lubitz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,107,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible