Emergency Exit (Gretchen Barnett Series Book…

Emergency Exit (Gretchen Barnett Series Book 1)

by Gerald Hansen

521,436,638 (3.83)None

No tags.

I received this book as an early reviewer. I found the communication for receiving this book really encouraged my reading of the book. I will definitely continue to follow the author. This book took a while to get going for me, initially I found it a bit disjointed and I couldn't relate to the main character. However as I persisted I enjoyed the main character a lot more and especially the cross cultural elements and the consistency of behavior (even though I would never react in the same ways). I found a few of the other characters completely unbelievable but I think that might be the point.

It was a good explore of what happens when you operate with a completely different "compass" for me. Worth sticking around to find out what happens.

I would recommend this book as a fairly light read - its not all flowers and chocolates though. The style is very easy to read and you just need to keep the time period you are in correct in your head or you will wonder why a particular person is doing or saying something. That said it wasn't too hard to pick up and keep reading in quite short sessions. If you like a bit of a twist but a good strong ending this is for you. ( )
  Felicity-Smith | May 24, 2017 |
I would not have finished reading this book if I had not received it for free in exchange for an honest review.

I just could not relate to the heroine, who was a weak, indecisive whack job. She lets the men she meets take advantage of her – sometimes she realizes it’s happening, and sometimes not, but does nothing in either case. The final revenge she and her friends plan was a lot of fun, almost worth sticking with it.

It's hard to imagine what other troubles the heroine could possibly get into, but this is shown as Book 1 of a Series. ( )
  DorisB | May 3, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Gerald Hansen's book Emergency Exit was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Gerald Hansen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,107,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible