End Game by David Baldacci

End Game

by David Baldacci

Series: Will Robie (5)

English (25)  German (1)  All languages (26)
Title: End Game (Will Robie #5)
Author: David Baldacci
Pages:
Year:
Publisher:
My rating: 3 ½ out of 5 stars.
The overall plot that threads through the series was very captivating. Each book has other subplots occurring at different intervals that snared me quickly. In the final installment, the author wrote a riveting ending that I thought was his best. I didn’t like the inclusion of two short sexual scenes. These didn’t add anything to the telling of the story, and for the life of me I cannot understand why such a talented writer would include this junk.
The two main characters Will Robie and Jessica Reel are well-crafted and interesting players. The intricate plot is fun reading. Will’s past was so vastly different than Jessica’s. The first two books in the series are my favorite. I love when the author focuses on telling a riveting, well thought out story for readers to get lost in for hours!
Out of all the Baldacci novels that are in a series thus far, this is the best ending of a series, and it would get more stars from me if he learned to leave out the unnecessary junk. It is my hope that the author sees how well gifted he is in storytelling that the junk no longer appears in his novels. I enjoyed the mystery of the series and the ending and final revealing of the End Game, which was hinted at throughout the other installments. It was something that one can read in frankly any newspaper.
I am grateful for the real heroes who protect our nation from those who seek to undermine her foundation and bring in deadly drugs. Those people also try to save those who are treated without human dignity, and if anything, this series brings that to the forefront. Thanks to the many unsung heroes, and those who fight the good fight every day! ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jan 25, 2019 |
Read this as a group read on LibraryThing and loved it! This looks to be the last book in the Will Robie series but hopefully Baldacci will pick this one up again. The characters of Will Robie and Jessica Reel are great and they enhance the story with lots of action and adventure. I look forward to reading some of Baldacci's other series but will be sure to miss this one. If you haven't started this one yet, you should because it is a very entertaining series that I'm sure you will enjoy! ( )
  EadieB | Dec 12, 2018 |
David Baldacci is a master when it comes to this kind of thriller. The story has all the excitement and twists you expect plus some issues beginning to be resolved for our two stars...Will and Jessica. Also learning more about Blue Man's backstory simply added to the intrigue. All of DAvid Baldacci's series are outstanding. The only problem I have with them is that he gets you into the characters...makes you love them...then cuts the series off at 4 to 5 books. ( )
  Carol420 | Dec 11, 2018 |
This last (say it ain't so!) installment of of the Will Robie series. It was very action packed with an interesting plot. The only negative I can say about it is a couple of my favorite characters were missing, but other than that it was really good. I selfishly hope we'll get to check on Robie & Reel again, it's never a full moment with those two. ( )
  Jen_Bartels | Dec 11, 2018 |
An easy fun read, but I was annoyed at the poor copy editing & proofreading. Several blatant errors slipped through. ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Nov 28, 2018 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cassidy, OrlaghNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Will Robie returns home from a mission overseas to discover that his boss--codenamed Blue Man--has vanished. His last known location was in remote Colorado, and there have been no other sightings or communications since. But there is violence brewing in this small town, and Robie and his sometime-partner Jessica Reel will be lucky if they make it out alive, with or without Blue Man.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,462,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible