Match Race Mayhem: Drag Racing's…

Match Race Mayhem: Drag Racing's Grudges, Rivalries and Big Money…

1410683,257 (5)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a Great Book! Covering an exciting period of Drag Racing History, this volume provides the reader with tons of info and fantastic photos. It made me feel like I was right there at Trackside. The folks at CarTech along with Author Doug Boyce have done an awesome job! This book is sure to appeal to all forms of Car Buffs, Racing Enthusiasts and in particular Drag Racing Fans. Well done, I highly recommend this book!!! ( )
  RobtCM | Nov 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wonderful book! Not hardcover but thick paper back. Durable, easy to look at! Awesome pictures, great to read all the stats, and info! ( )
  LaurynG | Nov 1, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
my husband loves this book great information and pictures easy to read and understand ( )
  rblmm69 | Oct 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a nonfiction book about the history and evolution of match racing in America. It is laid out chronologically through the 1960's and into the 1970's. It has close to 300 examples of excellent photography spread throughout the book, a couple of which are full page or nearly so, and all of which have detailed captions describing the stories behind the pictures. Included are not only pictures of the cars, but also vintage track advertisements, as well as some of the famed vintage "Wanted" posters that racers challenged one another with.
By just glancing at the title, you may be led to believe that this book is just about funny cars, or west coast fuel dragsters. However, this book shows the wider picture, and covers all the bases, from the Super Stocks to the Gassers to the Funny Cars, etc.
This book contains detailed accounts of many of the best or most game-changing match races in the history of the sport, including names, names of cars, engine builders, fuel configurations, ETs, MPH, tracks raced at, events, and dates. That is a lot of information, but the author seems to actually know what he is writing about, and he gets his information uncommonly accurate. This, in my mind, sets him leaps and bounds above many other automotive authors. The author also keeps the book from getting boring by adding interesting trivia and stories about the different cars and drivers, and he scatters his sense of humor throughout, saying things like narcoleptic Wild Willie Borsch was "caught napping" as his opponent pulled out ahead of him.
Overall, having thoroughly read this book, I think that it is one of the best books on the subject of drag racing. Definitely worth the five stars I gave it. ( )
  SDaisy | Oct 20, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Really cool! Printed on heavy stock and full of photos. I also really like the inside design with the pages meant to look yellowed and aged around the edges.
The narrative is full of interesting information and stories. ( )
  mstrust | Oct 3, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

's book Match Race Mayhem: Drag Racing's Grudges, Rivalries and Big-Money Showdowns is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible