Missing Pieces by Ivy Smoak

Missing Pieces

by Ivy Smoak

921,350,574 (4.67)None

Ok… I’ve caught my breath. The tears have stopped falling. My smile is permanently affixed to my face.

While reading, I found myself continuously checking the remaining pages to gauge how much torture these two people would have to endure before getting their “happily ever after.” Some of the torture could have been easily avoided by honest communication, but that’s easier said than done when you barely know the person. It’s difficult to trust in the present while haunted by the past.

This story is about more than finding love in the most unexpected of places. It’s about more than finding the missing pieces of your soul. The perfect piece won’t fit seamlessly until the imperfect ones are removed. Merely forgetting the past and vowing to move forward won’t fix anything. It’s still there, nagging at the back of one’s mind; the uncomfortable third wheel. A person needs to make peace with that imperfect piece. Only then can she be truly happy. Skeletons have been vanquished. Conscious has been cleared. Chains no longer imprison.

I was just thinking, people are different, but everybody is the same. In high school, I wanted to be unique – just like everybody else. Patterns are formed. Expectations are met. Upon closer inspection, at what point does “everybody” become a person?

I loved reading about Tyler and Hails. They accomplished in one summer what many people spend their lifetime trying to achieve. Oh, and Josh is awesome!! So is Anna!! ( )
  Bibliodiction | May 22, 2018 |
I received this book from library things in return for my honest review.

So WOW!!! I love this book. I could reread it many times!
a story that hits home in so many ways for me.
Tyler is a guy that feels completely lost in life. he wants to start over after a broken heart and other wrong things in life. he stops at a bar and meets Hailey. he loved her from the start but since he was enlisting with the marines he ignored it. Hailey found out that her dad had lung cancer. she drove cross country with Tyler in hopes to get money for treatment for her dad. she came back home just in time for his passing. she couldn't save him like she wanted but saved his bar. I won't spoil the rest if it but I would give this more than 5 stars if I could!!!! ( )
  nibbles_243 | Apr 19, 2018 |
I loved this book and highly reccomend it. If u would like to read my review, click on the link above!!
added by jayli | editLibraryThing, Jayli Carmichael (Mar 26, 2018)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 154261676X, Paperback)

Tyler Stevens

Five years ago my world shattered into a million tiny pieces. I held onto the first positive thing that came into my life after that - a girl who I could never have. Because her smile made me feel whole again. Her laughter warmed my soul. The thought of her made me feel less broken. The only problem was that she didn't love me back. I waited. I tried. I hoped. But I failed. She just married someone else.

I'm shattered again. So I'm driving across the country toward my new future, trying to escape my past, trying to pick up my own pieces this time. But then I met Hailey Shaw. She came into my life like a whirlwind. Opinionated, full of energy, and sexy as hell. Before her, what if I didn't know what love really was? What if the decision I made a few days ago, at one of my lowest points, is going to make me lose out on happiness once again?

Hailey Shaw

I didn't like to rely on other people. I learned at a young age that my dad and I were on our own. But now my dad's sick. And I'll do whatever it takes to save him. Even if it means facing my biggest fears. Even if it means climbing in a stranger's car and driving across the country with him. And I'm not talking about just any stranger. Because Tyler Stevens is different than anyone I've ever met before. He's the first boy that's made my heart race in five years. The first boy that makes me want to trust. The first boy that makes me feel whole again.

But he's in love with someone else. I've spent my whole life being second, cast aside, unwanted. I can't do it again. So why am I falling for the one boy I can't keep?

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:56:59 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ivy Smoak's book Missing Pieces was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ivy Smoak is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,819,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible