DC Super Hero Girls: Summer Olympus by Shea…

DC Super Hero Girls: Summer Olympus

by Shea Fontana

163926,417 (4)None
Super Hero High is on summer break, so Wonder Woman heads to Mount Olympus to visit her dad, Zeus. But when her jealous brother Ares shows up, the family reunion turns into a family feud, leading Ares to declare war on Metropolis.

I will say that Roll Call has gotten a little excessive, so, so many characters now and more and more male ones as well.

Still, that stuff aside, it was a fun little story (especially if you're a kid reading it).

It's Summer vacation and we get to see almost all the kids' vacays. But this story is focused on Wonder Woman's summer vacation to Olympus. Her younger sister Siracca is there, and there is a ton of family drama and of course Wonder Woman, with the help of her friends, have to solve everything and save the day by working together.

It was a fun TPB. Shea Fontana hasn't yet disappointed me.

I got this ARC through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Jul 16, 2017 |
I read this with my 8 yr old because she is a HUGE DC Super Hero Girls fan. She has a bunch of the dolls, Legos and playsets. When I took her to see Wonder Woman she even brought her DC Super Hero Wonder Woman doll with her.

This wording probably works a little better for starting around the Middle School Age but my daughter didn’t have trouble understanding the story lines. There is a huge bit that involves the Greek Gods and thanks to Rick Riordan she was very familiar with them and their background but if your child isn’t they may need a crash course to keep everything straight and really get all the context. You could easily see a spin off here. Yeah! More toys for me to buy lol

The graphics and color pallet worked well with this age level story and really helped the plot and characters come to life more. Overall it’s just a fun story. ( )
  ttsheehan | Jul 5, 2017 |
This original graphic novel aimed at young girls is a lot of fun. It is chock full of pretty much every mainstream superhero DC has plus Wonder Woman meets her extended family on Zeus' side so we also get to meet a ton of Greek mythological heroes as well. This is a graphic novel which hasn't appeared in comic book form so is an original story and the third, with a fourth coming out later this year, book in a series. I haven't read the first two but this story is a standalone making it unnecessary. I enjoyed quite a bit though so will back read the first two books. It's an easy read and probably most suitable for the 11 and under crowd. The story is full of action and brings learning moments to the foreground especially about being happy with who you are and not being defined by who your family is. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 27, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,820,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible