Class Mom by Laurie Gelman

Class Mom (edition 2018)

by Laurie Gelman (Author)

Series: Class Mom (1)

Jen Dixon is not your typical Kansas City kindergarten class mom-or mom in general. Jen already has two college-age daughters by two different (probably) musicians, and it's her second time around the class mom block with five-year-old Max, this time with a husband and father by her side. Though her best friend and PTA President sees her as the "wisest" candidate for the job (or oldest), not all of the other parents agree. From recording parents' response times to her emails about helping in the classroom, to requesting contributions of "special" brownies for curriculum night, not all of Jen's methods win approval from the other moms. Throw in an old flame from Jen's past, a hyper-sensitive "allergy mom," a surprisingly sexy kindergarten teacher, and an impossible-to-please Real Housewife-wannabe, causing problems at every turn, and the job really becomes much more than she signed up for.--Provided by Publisher.… (more)
Member:BCandice
Title:Class Mom
Authors:Laurie Gelman (Author)
Info:Griffin (2018), Edition: Reprint, 317 pages

Class Mom by Laurie Gelman

Recently added byashezbookz, sarahbrassard, Arina40, private library

This book was cute. The main character does and says all of the things we only think about when it comes to dealing with school and relationship issues. I didn't "laugh out loud" but I chuckled a bit. ( )
  MandiLeighJohnson | Jun 8, 2020 |
This is a fun romp for anyone who’s navigated the politics of the elementary classroom. The author creates a fun cast of characters, especially snarky Jen who is the class mom for her youngest child’s kindergarten class. Things get wacky as the year continues, including a class mom coup! Jen’s snarky emails to the group move the story while her vulnerable side makes an appearance too. Looking forward to the sequel “You’ve Been Volunteered!” ( )
  amybooklover45 | Dec 6, 2019 |
2.5 ( )
  Jonez | Oct 24, 2019 |
Blah, blah, blah not funny. Class mom trying to be cool by making fun of everyone. Book definitely not for me. ( )
  futrzak13 | Apr 14, 2019 |
This was bad. Just real bad. It got two stars because Garth is a good character, but everything else about this was crap. ( )
  kemilyh1988 | Apr 12, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

This book is dedicated with love to my husband, Michael, and our daughters, Jamie and Misha.  Without the three of you, I would never have been a class mom.
I click Send on my laptop, sit back in my chair, and grimace.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Laurie Gelman's book Class Mom was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,695,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible