Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You) by Jenny…

Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You) (edition 2002)

by Jenny Carroll

Member:pretend2fly
Title:Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You)
Authors:Jenny Carroll
Info:Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (2002), Paperback

Safe House by Meg Cabot

I'd wondered how Cabot was going to up the ante in this series because having Jess know the location of missing kids, check to see if they're in need of being found, then finding them was getting a little tired. This book brought murder to Jess' hometown, having her arrive home from summer vacation with Ruth to find out that the girl who had sat in front of her in homeroom for years was murdered. I grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone else so this hit me. You may not like them or even really know them, but you know who they are and you feel it when they're gone.

This one got kind of brutal. Not only was the murder--and other violence--so close to home, so were the murderers. Jess' powers have been growing and when popular Heather (friend of murdered Amber) is missing Jess not only knows where to find her, she knows just what Heather is feeling. All of it. When she and Rob go to find her Jess mentions how she was prepared for what they'd find but Rob wasn't. It was very subtle but reading that I got chills because I knew what could be that bad, at least I imagined. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
They’re light reads, but Cabot has a light and breezy style and a very likeable heroine. Jessica, a band geek who beats up anyone who insults her mentally ill big brother and has a yen for motorcycles, has the ability to find anyone, anywhere, just by looking at their picture. Rather like a contemporary, crime-solving Meg (from the Wrinkle in Time series).
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Oh my god. This one is so far my favourite in this series. Meg Cabot has outdone herself with this series.
I love this series because even though there is romance it is not a lot like in the airhead series. Also because for once I don't find one of Meg Cabot's series girly. Like this is a really good mystery, suspense and the tiniest bit of romance book. And I love the characters.

I loved Jessica, Claire, Douglas and Rob. Skip is alright though I don't really like Ruth that much. It was so sad because I was beginning to like Mark and then after what he did I was like Nope, I don't like you anymore.
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
Third book in series. Was pretty good. Chearleader turns up dead while Jess is away and now that another is missing she has to use her powers to find her without letting on that she still has them. ( )
  Layla23 | May 12, 2010 |
Safe house was an extravagant book to read. It embarks readers on a journey of adventure. tension and romance. ( )
  nina7 | Apr 23, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689868464, Mass Market Paperback)

It wasn't her fault. Sixteen-year-old Jessica Mastriani was on vacation when classmate Amber Mackey went missing. How could Jess -- even with her newly acquired psychic ability to find anyone, anywhere -- have stopped the varsity cheerleader from turning up dead, without having known she was missing in the first place?

But ignorance is apparently no excuse. Most of the student population at Ernest Pyle High School seem to blame Jess for Amber's brutal slaying. Jess has never been particularly popular, but she'd been hoping to start her junior year off right -- slumber parties instead of fist fights, and invitations to prom instead of detention.

But when yet another cheerleader disappears, Jess is given a chance to redeem herself. If she can just find Heather Montrose -- without letting the Feds know she still has her psychic powers -- before Heather, too, is murdered, maybe Jess will finally have a chance to be part of the incrowd....

Except that it's starting to look like being In at Ernie Pyle High just might get you -- not to mention your loved ones -- killed. So much for popularity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:09 -0400)

Jess Mastriani was on vacation when Amber went missing. Most people blamed Jess for Amber's brutal slaying, how could Jess have stopped the cheerleader from turning up dead, without knowing she was missing? Yet when another teenager disappears, Jess gets a chance to redeem herself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,478,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible