Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You) by Jenny…

Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You) (edition 2002)

by Jenny Carroll

Member:pretend2fly
Title:Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You)
Authors:Jenny Carroll
Info:Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (2002), Paperback

Safe House by Meg Cabot

They’re light reads, but Cabot has a light and breezy style and a very likeable heroine. Jessica, a band geek who beats up anyone who insults her mentally ill big brother and has a yen for motorcycles, has the ability to find anyone, anywhere, just by looking at their picture. Rather like a contemporary, crime-solving Meg (from the Wrinkle in Time series).
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Oh my god. This one is so far my favourite in this series. Meg Cabot has outdone herself with this series.
I love this series because even though there is romance it is not a lot like in the airhead series. Also because for once I don't find one of Meg Cabot's series girly. Like this is a really good mystery, suspense and the tiniest bit of romance book. And I love the characters.

I loved Jessica, Claire, Douglas and Rob. Skip is alright though I don't really like Ruth that much. It was so sad because I was beginning to like Mark and then after what he did I was like Nope, I don't like you anymore.
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
Third book in series. Was pretty good. Chearleader turns up dead while Jess is away and now that another is missing she has to use her powers to find her without letting on that she still has them. ( )
  Layla23 | May 12, 2010 |
Safe house was an extravagant book to read. It embarks readers on a journey of adventure. tension and romance. ( )
  nina7 | Apr 23, 2009 |
The 1-800-Where-R-You series by Meg Cabot is one of my favorites. One day walking home from school Jess was hit by lightning, after that whenever she slept she saw where missing children where. I love Jess’s attitude, and Rob is one of my favorite characters. ( )
  midnighttwilight101 | Mar 13, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689868464, Mass Market Paperback)

It wasn't her fault. Sixteen-year-old Jessica Mastriani was on vacation when classmate Amber Mackey went missing. How could Jess -- even with her newly acquired psychic ability to find anyone, anywhere -- have stopped the varsity cheerleader from turning up dead, without having known she was missing in the first place?

But ignorance is apparently no excuse. Most of the student population at Ernest Pyle High School seem to blame Jess for Amber's brutal slaying. Jess has never been particularly popular, but she'd been hoping to start her junior year off right -- slumber parties instead of fist fights, and invitations to prom instead of detention.

But when yet another cheerleader disappears, Jess is given a chance to redeem herself. If she can just find Heather Montrose -- without letting the Feds know she still has her psychic powers -- before Heather, too, is murdered, maybe Jess will finally have a chance to be part of the incrowd....

Except that it's starting to look like being In at Ernie Pyle High just might get you -- not to mention your loved ones -- killed. So much for popularity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:09 -0400)

Jess Mastriani was on vacation when Amber went missing. Most people blamed Jess for Amber's brutal slaying, how could Jess have stopped the cheerleader from turning up dead, without knowing she was missing? Yet when another teenager disappears, Jess gets a chance to redeem herself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible