Girl Last Seen: A gripping psychological…

Girl Last Seen: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist

by Nina Laurin

English (9)  German (2)  All languages (11)
There was so much about this book I loved, but the real beauty was in the details. So many things that happened or were mentioned made the whole story so much more realistic. Twisted, but realistic.

This book constantly kept me guessing. I love a good mystery, and whenever I thought I had figured it out, I was spun around on my heels with a shocking, but totally logical twist! I have recommended this book to several friends already and they have all loved it just as much as I did. ( )
  Erica_Coomer | Jul 13, 2018 |
Quick and easy read. Can't say I loved it. ( )
  LASMIT | May 22, 2018 |
Girl Last Seen is the debut book by Nina Laurin and it's an exciting thriller that engrossed me from the moment I started to read the book. One of the reasons for the book to be so darn good is that Laine, the first girl that was taken was so well written that one could really feel her torment through the pages. She may have escaped her tormentor, but she is still not free. And, now another girl, Olivia has gone missing and the girl looks just like her. Is it a coincidence or has the man that took taken Olivia as well?

Now, there were things I saw coming that didn't surprise me, as things happen that made me perceive how it probably would go. Not that the book was without surprises. The last part of the book was definitely not lacking surprises. It's a book that pulls you in as you follow Laine being pulled into the investigation and even being suspected of being involved in Olivia's disappearance.

There was just one thing that bothered me in the book, but it's a spoiler thing so I can't really discuss it so much, but it's something that happens when the police officer in charge is at Olivia's school with Laine. They learn something there about Olivia that the school shouldn't know as far as I know when it comes to the law and I found that really puzzling. And, that's all I'm going to say about that! Other than that was the book really good!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Netgalley for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Kidnapped, imprisoned, raped; Laine has three years' worth of memories that she keeps at bay with alcohol and pills. When a young girl goes missing- the spitting image of her younger self- Laine knows the monster in her past is responsible. Can she help save a little girl, or is she too broken to reach the truth?

A page turner for sure, but the content may be hard for some. Along with pedophilia, kidnapping, and rape, there's drug use and alcohol abuse galore, along with a host of other PTSD symptoms that may be triggering. ( )
  stormyhearted | Aug 25, 2017 |
This book started out great. I was feeling it for the first third of the way. Than, the story and my excitement weaned. Despite the twist early in the story, there really was not a lot of movement in the storyline with anymore big intense movements like the first one. In fact, I jumped ahead to get the story moving again. Which, at the point that the story did, I found myself more just going through the motions.

Lainey was fine but she was not strong enough to help hold the story; despite her being the one that got away. Sean on the other hand was good. He was the cop that found Lainey years ago. I liked his motivation and his tough but kind exterior. This book really had the makings for a great thriller but it missed a few ingredients. ( )
  Cherylk | Aug 8, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145556902X, Paperback)

Two missing girls. Thirteen years apart.

And now there is.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 16 Apr 2017 05:18:06 -0400)

"Two missing girls. Thirteen years apart. Olivia Shaw has been missing since last Tuesday. She was last seen outside the entrance of her elementary school in Hunts Point wearing a white spring jacket, blue jeans, and pink boots. I force myself to look at the face in the photo, into her slightly smudged features, and I can't bring myself to move. Olivia Shaw could be my mirror image, rewound to thirteen years ago. If you have any knowledge of Olivia Shaw's whereabouts or any relevant information, please contact... I've spent a long time peering into the faces of girls on missing posters, wondering which one replaced me in that basement. But they were never quite the right age, the right look, the right circumstances. Until Olivia Shaw, missing for one week tomorrow. Whoever stole me was never found. But since I was taken, there hasn't been another girl. And now there is"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,992,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible