Forbidden: Better Wear Your Flak Jacket by…

Forbidden: Better Wear Your Flak Jacket (edition 2016)

by F. Stone (Author), Extended Imagery (Illustrator), Leigh Carter (Editor), Sahar Dr. Albakkal (Translator)

212,551,640 (5)None
Member:itsJUSTme
Title:Forbidden: Better Wear Your Flak Jacket
Authors:F. Stone (Author)
Other authors:Extended Imagery (Illustrator), Leigh Carter (Editor), Sahar Dr. Albakkal (Translator)
Info:Romance Under Fire (2016), 363 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fiction, Suspense, Middle East

Forbidden: Better Wear Your Flak Jacket by F. Stone

Recently added byCherylk, itsJUSTme

No tags.

This book was absolutely fantastic! I was totally glued to this story every page of the way. Let me start by saying that I love the cover - it draws you in. Once you start reading you will not want to stop until you are finished! This is the very definition of suspense, it was riveting. To be honest I was never all that interested in reading about the middle east. I never would have thought I would have enjoyed one as much as I did this one. It was just so interesting.

Excellent character development. I really loved Eliza. I think I would have really liked her in real life. She was tough, strong, yet real and sensitive. And - Hashim Sharif, holy cow! There is some depth to that man's character. You start out trying desperately not wanting to like him, because of who and what he is, but you just can't help yourself. I mean after all he is only human too and has feelings, and thank God (Allah to him) he does! There is this part I loved where Sharif is trying to get Eliza to drive (she hasn't driven in years because her family died in an accident). She is terrified and he is so good with her -forceful but fun and it was what she so needed. It was a wonderful scene.

Eliza parked and sat back. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She covered her face with her hands and wiped tears from her eyes. “Hashim,” she said softly while her eyes were still closed, “do you have any idea that you’ve performed a miracle this afternoon?” She turned to him. “People who care about me, others who are professionals, failed to do what you did.” Sharif smiled.

I know that the author did extensive research for this novel but seriously! Wow, this was just so expertly written. I felt like I was watching CNN half the time. That's how real it was.

Near the supply truck, she heard the ping, ping of a cell phone, then the trembling voice of a woman crying, "Ralph, pick up the phone. Please. Oh God ...." The woman screamed. With a blast of gunfire, her cries stopped. Bullets pierced the canvas and shattered a suitcase in front of Eliza. Her body trembled violently. In minutes she would be killed.

The luggage offered no protection. Terrified to make any sound, yet frantic to hide, she pressed her backpack to her chest. She gasped as if starved for oxygen. Tears ran down her cheeks as she heard the terrified people and Charlie beg for their lives.

Warning - this book is very graphic! Not for people who can't read about bloodshed.

If you are up for some excellent edge-of-your-seat suspense you will love this book.

I voluntarily posted this review after receiving a copy of this book from the author, F. Stone - Thank You! ( )
  itsJUSTme | Apr 27, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,059,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible