Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Sunday Silence by Nicci French

Sunday Silence (2017)

by Nicci French

1954688,506 (3.9)22

English (46)  Dutch (2)  All languages (48)
Good book but I would have understood more if I had read the whole series. ( )
  susan.h.schofield | Jan 10, 2019 |
OK I haven't read any of the other Frieda Klien books and this probably has detracted from my enjoyment of this book a bit. Saying that though I was gripped by this book, and found it difficult to put down in the two days that I read it.
It is fast paced and with almost continuous action, in fact at the beginning it was tricky keeping up with the names of characters. This again is due to jumping into the middle of a series but this settles down shortly into the book.
Ohh and it ends of a bit of a cliffhanger, enough to make you eagerly await the next installment but not so bad as to be annoying.

For the full review check out my blog: Engrossed in a Good Book

CharlotteBurt | Nov 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a compelling read! I enjoyed Sunday Silence so much. it's part of a series, but not having read any of the others, it stands on its own. Dr Frieda Klein is a complex character, a psychologist that helps the police in London. A body is found under her living room floor. And the investigation begins. I look forward to reading the first six in the series. ( )
  maryintexas39 | Jul 13, 2018 |
SUNDAY SILENCE by Nicci French. This is the seventh (but not the last) book in the Frieda Klein Mystery series. Fans are eagerly awaiting the last, (supposedly) last installment in the series to be published in July, 2018.
SUNDAY SILENCE opens one second after the last words are uttered from Book 6, DARK SATURDAY.
DCI Karlsson opens the door to Frieda’s house and meets Chief Inspector Petra Burge, there to investigate the body hidden under the floorboards.
This is a very suspenseful, mysterious, emotional plot; a Dean Reeve wanna-be/copycat is after Frieda’s family of friends and ultimately, Frieda herself.
The last sentence of the book - Frieda visits Levin and entreaties, “Make me disappear.”

I do get my ‘river fix’. Frieda is walking with Chief Inspector Petra Burge near Elephant & Castle (outside the old City walls). 150 years ago, the area was marshland and then it was drained and banked. Frieda talks about the Neckinger River where tanning works used to be. Now, “the river is dirtied, clogged up, buried…” But it is still there somewhere. FK “This was an area for things that London needed but didn’t want to look at or think about or smell. It’s a useful reminder.”

Haunting, emotional, puzzling, suspenseful, mysterious - highly recommended. ( )
  diana.hauser | Jun 28, 2018 |
Nice solid mystery. Planning to go back and start with #1 now.

(A review copy of this book was provided by the publisher.) ( )
  ouroborosangel | May 22, 2018 |
De flat was in één keer vol geluiden.
Glyndwr: Uit woeste diepte kan ik geesten roepen
Heetspoor: Ach wat, dat kan ik ook en iedereen
De vraag is: komen

William Shakespeare, Hendrik IV (1)
(derde bedrijf, eerste toneel)

Declared a person of interest when a body is discovered under the floor of her home, London psychologist Frieda Klein realizes that a copycat killer is responsible. As the days pass-- and the body count rises-- Klein finds herself caught between two obsessive murderers: one who won't let her go, and another who can't let her live Publisher Annotation: Lover of London, gifted psychologist, frequent police consultant ? Frieda Klein is many things. And now she's a person of interest in a murder case. A body has been discovered in the most unlikely and horrifying of places: beneath the floorboards of Frieda's house. The corpse is only months old, but the chief suspect appears to have died more than seven years ago. Except as Frieda knows all too well, he's alive and well and living in secret. And it seems he's inspired a copycat... As the days pass and the body count rises, Frieda finds herself caught in a fatal tug-of-war between two killers: one who won't let her go, and another who can't let her live.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Nicci French's book Sunday Silence is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,435,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible