HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's…
Loading...

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (2005)

by Eckhart Tolle

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
3,926None1,301 (4.02)54
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 54 mentions

English (71)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (73)
Showing 1-5 of 71 (next | show all)
The teachings in this book are helpful for having a sense of harmony in my life. However, it's necessary to re-visit the text to acquire a discipline. ( )
  UMAMH12 | Feb 16, 2014 |
An amazing book by an amazing teacher ( )
1 vote graziana47 | Feb 5, 2014 |
Good Book! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Really couldn't get into this book and gave up halfway through. Too much waffle and religious quoting for a book supposed to be about spirituality, which ironically the author is at pains to say is *not* the same as religion. ( )
  floriferous | Apr 1, 2013 |
With the utmost respect to my son, who recommended this book saying it changed his life, I just couldn't get more than half way through it. I have been searching authors and books for words of wisdom that meant something to me, something that could change my outlook on life. New age, emotional healing books, such as this, have continued to disappoint me and make me wonder how many people claim to read and understand them just so that they don't feel stupid. I'll admit it, they are just a bunch of fuzzy words and lofty ideas that lack any real substance- like horoscopes. If book descriptions will allow, I will not spend any more money on this type of book. It's just not for me. ( )
  Twikpet | Mar 29, 2013 |
Showing 1-5 of 71 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Finnish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
Earth, 114 million years ago, one morning just after sunrise: The first flower ever to appear on the planet opens up to receive the rays of the sun.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (3)

Book description
Dé uitdaging van deze tijd
De wereld is op een belangrijk kruispunt aangekomen. Het ego-gerichte bewustzijn heeft aarde en mensheid aan de rand van de totale catastrofe gebracht. Het Js dan ook hoog tijd voor een collectieve bewustzijnstransfor-matie, waardoor we onze zwaarte en dichtheid verliezen en de kostbare edelstenen worden die we in wezen zijn, zodat we transparant worden voor het licht van bewustzijn. Sinds mensenheugenis was de mogelijkheid van zo'n transformatie de boodschap van lichtbrengers als Boeddha, Jezus en anderen. Staat de mensheid er nu meer voor open dan toen? En: wat kunnen we doen orn deze verschuiving in onszelf te versnellen? En hoe kunnen we het nieuwe, ontwakende bewustzijn herkennen? Op deze en andere wezenlijke vragen gaat dit boek in. Nog belangrijker echter is dat dit boek zelf een instrument voor transformatie is, ontstaan vanuit het nieuwe bewustzijn. Al lezende ervaren we de verschuiving die in ons plaatsvindt.
Alleen de transformatie naar een
nieuwe staat van bewustzijn zal een
nieuwe aarde van vrede teweegbrengen
E'-KHART TOLLE is een van de meest prominente spreken wereldwijd op het gebied van verlichting Zijn bestseller The Power of Now i; in 21 talen verschenen. De kracht van het Nu is m Nederland al jdren nummer 1 van de spirituele toptien. Van zijn boeken De kracht van het Nu, De kracht van het Nu Pn de praktijk en De stilte spreekt zijn in totaal al 150.000 exemplaren verkocht. Vlet dit langverwachte nieuwste boek geeft Eckhart Tolle ons opnieuw een kostbaar geschenk.
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0452289963, Paperback)

Amazon.com Exclusive Content
Download "The One Thing," an exclusive essay by Eckhart Tolle. [pdf]

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:15 -0400)

(see all 8 descriptions)

Tolle presents readers with an honest look at the current state of humanity: he implores us to see and accept that this state, which is based on an erroneous identification with the egoic mind, is one of dangerous insanity. However, there is an alternative to this potentially dire situation. Humanity now, perhaps more than in any previous time, has an opportunity to create a new, saner, more loving world. This will involve a radical inner leap from the current egoic consciousness to an entirely new one. In illuminating the nature of this shift, Tolle describes in detail how our current ego-based state of consciousness operates. Then gently, and in very practical terms, he leads us into this new consciousness. We will come to experience who we truly are--which is something infinitely greater than anything we currently think we are.--From publisher description.… (more)

» see all 6 descriptions

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.02)
0.5 5
1 26
1.5 5
2 33
2.5 7
3 98
3.5 28
4 188
4.5 28
5 294

Audible.com

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

» Publisher information page

Penguin Australia

Three editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0718148576, 0143143492, 0141042885

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible