Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins…

Two Little Girls in Blue (2006)

by Mary Higgins Clark

English (38)  Spanish (2)  Lithuanian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (43)
Steve and Margaret’s three year old twins, Kathy and Kelly, are kidnapped. When the ransom is paid and the FBI shows up to pick up the girls, they only find Kelly, along with the body of one of the kidnappers and a suicide note saying he accidentally killed Kathy. But the twins have always shared a special type of telepathic communication, and Kelly’s actions convince Margaret that Kathy is still alive and that Kelly holds key to finding her before it’s too late. The FBI is reluctant to believe that Kelly is really communicating with Kathy, and although they are searching for the remaining kidnappers, they don’t believe that Kathy is still alive and that her life is in danger.

I have to admit that I never would have picked up a book by Mary Higgins Clark if it weren’t for a book group and that I was prepared not to like it very much. I tried to keep an open mind, but I wasn’t very impressed. I thought the book really started out slowly. It took me about half the book to get into it at all. Also, the telepathic communication between the twins was the most realistic part of the plot. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so I’ll just mention that one of the more unbelievable elements of the plot was that the FBI would allow a distraught mother to follow them around on their investigation. I also have to admit that the idea of parents potentially losing both of their children disturbed me a bit (and I don’t even have kids). I did like the structure of the book. The chapters were only a few pages each, so it was easy to pick it up and read for 5-10 minutes, then put it down and come back multiple times throughout the day. Overall, I just wasn’t that thrilled with this author. There are a lot of books out there that are just so much better. ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
Steve and Margaret Frawley are devastated to learn that their 3-year-old twin daughters, Kathy and Kelly, have been kidnapped while with a babysitter. Although the Frawley's are not rich the "Pied Piper" has demanded a 7 million dollar ransom for the girls and the new company that Steve works for agrees to provide the money. Once the ransom is paid only Kelly is returned as one of the kidnappers, the deranged Angie, decides to keep Kathy for herself. The parents are told that Kathy was killed by mistake but Margaret does not believe it espcially since Kelly continues to 'communicate' with her missing twin. The last part of the book has a fairly exciting race to find the now very sickly Kathy before it's too late.
There were so many characters in this book that it was hard to keep them straight at times and every single one of them had a suspicious secret they were keeping. I do believe that twins have very special bonds and that 'twin speak' is very common between them I'm not sure the manifestation of bruises on one child when the other is pinched is realistic, but I could be wrong. ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
Two LIttle Girls in B ( )
  Ev18 | Oct 24, 2015 |
This was the first Mary Higgens Clark book I've read - well written, face paced with enough twists and turns to keep me interested. I don't know that I'll run out and read every book she's written, but if I stumble across another one, I'll pick it up. ( )
  BeckyGraham1016 | Jun 26, 2015 |
The first book by Mary Higgins Clark that I have read. 2 little girls in blue is the story of twin girls who get kidnapped the evening of their 3rd birthday party whilst being baby sat. The parents were at a party in the city. The kidnapper demands 8 million dollars in ransom money. The money is raised and handed over but only 1 of the twins is returned- the other is supposedly dead but her sister continues to communicate using twin talk which leads the mother to believe the other twin is alive.
It's a well written story in my opinion. It's interesting to hear the authors take on twin communication. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Apr 12, 2015 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Trouw, MiekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mary Higgins Clark is the author of this book.

Margaret and Steve Frawley celebrate the third birthday of their twin girls, Kelly and Kathy, with an afternoon party in their new home, a modest fixer-upper in Ridgefield, Connecticut.

The evening of the twins' birthday party, Steve and Margaret attend a black-tie dinner in New York. When they return home, the police are in the house, and they are told that the babysitter had been found unconscious, the children are gone, and a note demanding an eight-million-dollar ransom had been left in their room.

Steve Frawley's firm, a global investment company, agrees to pay the ransom. The kidnapper, who identifies himself as the "Pied Piper," makes his terms known -- on delivery of the ransom, a call will come, revealing the girls' whereabouts. The call comes, but only Kelly is in the car parked behind a deserted restaurant. The driver is dead from a gunshot wound and has left a suicide note, saying he had inadvertently killed Kathy and had dumped her body in the ocean.

At the private memorial Mass for Kathy, Kelly tugs Margaret's arm and says: "Mommy, Kathy is very scared of that lady. She wants to come home right now." More unexplainable occurrences follow, indicating that Kelly is in touch with Kathy. At first, no one except the mother believes that the twins are communicating and that Kathy is still alive. As Kelly's warnings become increasingly specific and alarming, however, FBI agents set out on a search for Kathy. The novel reaches a breathtaking climax as they close in on the Pied Piper and his accomplices, while Kathy's life hangs by a thread.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743497295, Mass Market Paperback)

In a riveting thriller, worldwide bestselling suspense writer Mary Higgins Clark brilliantly weaves the mystery of twin telepathy into a mother's search for a kidnapped child, presumed dead.

When Margaret and Steve Frawley come home to Connecticut from a black-tie dinner in New York, their three-year-old twins, Kathy and Kelly, are gone. The police found the babysitter unconscious, and a ransom note from the "Pied Piper" demands eight million dollars. Steve's global investment firm puts up the money, but when they go to retrieve the twins, only Kelly is in the car. The dead driver's suicide note says he inadvertently killed Kathy.

At the memorial, Kelly tugs Margaret's arm and says: "Mommy, Kathy is very scared of that lady. She wants to come home right now." At first, only Margaret believes that the twins are communicating and that Kathy is still alive. But as Kelly's warnings become increasingly specific and alarming, FBI agents set out on a desperate search.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:32 -0400)

Traumatized by the kidnappings of her twin three-year-old girls, only one of whom was recovered, a mother begins a desperate search when her returned daughter claims that the other twin, believed dead, is still alive and in mortal danger.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 58 books! | Top bar: Always visible