Two Mysteries: The Other Side of Dark & The…

Two Mysteries: The Other Side of Dark & The Name of the Game Was Murder

by Joan Lowery Nixon

26None412,190 (3.25)None

The Other Side Of Dark by Joan Lowery Nixon. Amazing! The protagonist, Stacy has been in a coma for 4 years after a gunshot wound and is the only witness to the murder of her mother but she can’t remember anything, not even her name. She slowly remembers bits and pieces to realize that the killer is closer to home than anyone suspected. There is also a side love blooming between her and one of the young detectives assigned to protect her. I must say the ending was quite a shock.

The Name of The Game Was Murder by Joan Lowery Nixon. Reminded me quite a bit of The Westing Game (Which I cannot find my copy of) and was very intriuging because aside from the title, you don’t realize someone’s going to be killed, it just happens. Then Samantha and everyone is on the search for who did it, who can find the will fast enough. Everyone in residents is a suspect in the race to figure out who killed the famous mystery novelist. The book did remind me a lot of the 39 clue series too for some reason but it was a great book to read. Mary Higgins Clark even wrote the introduction and I love her mystery books. ( )
  RAIN_Holt | Jul 25, 2012 |
The Name of the game was Murder didnt really jump out at me as a good story. The Other Side of Dark though I loved. The unusual theme of it is what really drew me in. ( )
  rawr474 | Mar 31, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553494538, Mass Market Paperback)

Two of Joan Lowery Nixon's Edgar Award winners in one volume!

The Other Side of Dark:
Stacy wakes up in a room that’s not hers, in a body she doesn’t recognize, to discover she’s been in a coma for four years. Her mother is dead–murdered–and Stacy, recovering from a gunshot wound, is the only eyewitness. But the killer is not about to let her reveal his identity. . . .

“A top-rate thriller. . . . Nixon has written another compelling page-turner.”
Booklist

The Name of the Game Was Murder:
Samantha is shocked when she meets her great-uncle, the famous novelist Augustus Trevor. He’s a mean-spirited man who has just invited–blackmailed–a group of celebrities to come to his island mansion and participate in a “game.” But when Augustus is found murdered, it’s up to Samantha to join the game–and win.

“An entertaining read. . . . The clues–and the way Sam, with lots of serendipity, puzzles through them–are clever indeed.”–Kirkus Reviews

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:49 -0400)

Presents two novels which deal with young women who have relatives murdered and must find the killer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,492,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible