Covenant Child by Terri Blackstock

Have you ever wanted to read a book for so long and when you read it, it wasn't what you wanted it to be?

That was this book for me.

This is the story of twin girls who after their father dies goes to live with the maternal grandparents. What these girls have to go through is heart breaking. Knowing that their life could of been so much better if they were allowed to stay with their husband's wife. I don't understand he system and how this kind of stuff happens wit no follow up. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Author: Terry Blackstock
Published by: Thomas Nelson Publishers
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 5
Blog Review For: GMTA
Review:

"Covenant Child" by Terri Blackstock was truly a well written story Christian fiction making this an exceptional good read. This author is truly one that can bring it hometo all of us.... for she knows who to keep the reader spellbound until the end. This novel was definitely one I was not able to put down until I had finished it.

From the twins losing their mom....then their dad...his parents and even Amanda(step-mother) for a time...living with those evil grandparents(who loved off the twins money)...for these 'billionaire babies' were now living in poverty...definitely a family ripped apart by death and greed....until the twins turned 18... now they could choose between the two lifestyles...which truth would Lizzy and Kara choose? ...lies...of what they had been told by those greedy grandparents or the truth from Amanda...which would be a new life for both of the twins.

Amanda was my favorite character in this novel.... for she was a stepmother that cared deeply for the twins and loved God. Thank God for the friends she had (Joan and Matt) that helped her and helped Amanda to know that God would see her through all of this...just leave it in His hands. Amanda had promised her husband(Jack) that she would take care of his twin girls...should something happen....when it did and it looked like this would not be done.... I will only say their is no limit to a mother's love.. how far she will go....Well, I am going to stop here and just let you read about this in this wonderful read of "Covenant Child." The big question is Will the twins except the truth that will change their lives or not?

The author did a great job with us understanding ...Amanda, Kara, Lizzy, greedy grandparents (maternal) and the boy to men relationships. The details were well noted and the interactions were very vivid in this wonderful novel.

Amazing novel and a very moving story is all I can truly say about "Covenant Child." This was definitely a wonderful photo of God's love for us. If you are in for a excellent read...this read is for you. ( )
  arlenadean | May 12, 2012 |
Covenant Child is the story of twin girls who lose their mother long before they have a chance to get to know her. Their father raises them on his own until they are three when he meets Amanda, who he promptly falls in love with and marries very quickly. They have the seemingly perfect life together until tragedy strikes again and throws the girls into the arms of uncaring, money-hungry relatives that care about nothing other than their money, having no memory of the family they left behind.

While this isn't the next Anna Karenina or even the next Annie, this book had a certain charm to it.

To read the rest of my review - check it out here -> http://wp.me/p1jPCx-8M ( )
  dnabgeek | Apr 15, 2012 |
allegory of Christ but set in a modern day story of twin girls ( )
  mazyte | Nov 20, 2008 |
Twins Kara and Lizzie must decide who to trust when their stepmother--a woman they have been told ran off with their huge inheritance--comes back into their lives telling a different story and making promises of love.
  apachurch | Apr 17, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0849943019, Library Binding)

Amanda’s heart broke as she watched them drive her beloved twins away. She resolved to hope . . . and to fight for them to her last breath.

Kara and Lizzie are heiresses to one of the largest fortunes in the country. But when their father dies suddenly, the toddlers are taken from the arms of Amanda, their loving stepmother, and given to relatives who only want the children’s fortune for themselves.

Kara and Lizzie grow up questioning their worth . . . until the day when they learn the truth.

Intensely involving, emotionally charged, and infused with hope, Covenant Child is an inspiring story that challenges us to embrace the life God holds out to us.

“Blackstock is a masterful writer . . .” —Christian Retailing

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:59 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,735,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible