Out of the Shadows by Kay Hooper
Recently added byLauraJKeys, Tenb, Bugetta, private library

3rd of 3. This story plays out like a really good game of chess (you can't missed the less than subtle references). Delves deeper into the emotional side of the characters. Readers FINALLY get Noah's story. Not as gripping in suspense, but touches the heart. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
Having read the first two in the Shadows series by Kay Hooper, I was really disappointed when I'd finished reading Out of the Shadows. This novel was nowhere near the same standard of writing as the first or second. Sheriff Miranda Knight is psychic and has escaped to a small town in America, where she has changed her name to escape her past.

Miranda's past is referred to throughout the book, however the complete story came far too late and after waiting so long to find out, it was almost an anti-climax.

The tension/romance between FBI Agent Bishop and Sheriff Miranda Knight annoyingly detracted from the plot in which young people were being murdered in the town. The snow storm was a cliche and I found myself rolling my eyes at the predictability of certain points.

I read about the hunt for the murderer with interest and the ending was satisfying, however in general this was an average read. I would enjoy reading about further cases featuring this team of FBI Agents made up of psychics and those with special abilities, so I'll leave myself open to reading further books by Kay Hooper in the future. ( )
  Carpe_Librum | Dec 6, 2010 |
Sheriff Miranda Knight has a dual problem. She is trying to solve a series of murders and she has a secret: she is getting visions about these crimes.
At first, I thought uh-oh a magig story but because the author makes clear up front that paranormal experiences are a "normal" occurrance, this book turned out very good.
Miranda enlists the help of an old flame Noah Bishop and together with his special team solve not only the crimes but also how Miranda can use her extra skills to enforce justice.A quick and easy read. ( )
  elliezann | Jul 27, 2010 |
Third in the "Shadows" trilogy. Fortunately, Hooper wrote more books based on the characters and Bishop's unit in the FBI. This is part of a book spiral and I'll be sending it along to the next participant. ( )
  elsi | Jul 15, 2009 |
For my sister Linda
and her brave new ventures
both personal and professional
Lynet Grainger had no real reason to feel afraid.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055357695X, Mass Market Paperback)

To catch this killer, she must break every rule and cross every line.

Out Of The Shadows

A picture-perfect Tennessee town has just become a monster's hunting ground. Two bodies are found tortured to death. A third person goes missing. What little evidence is left behind defies all explanation. Is the terror just beginning? Or have the good citizens of Gladstone harbored a dark secret for a long time? Sheriff Miranda Knight is determined to make her small town safe once more. And she does what she swore she would never do: involve FBI profiler Noah Bishop. He's the one man who knows about her unique abilities, and that knowledge almost destroyed her and her sister years ago. Now, as Bishop arrives with his team of agents, Miranda must learn to trust him and use her abilities once more. For they're about to go on the hunt for a killer whose madness has no bounds, a killer who knows exactly how to destroy Miranda: by preying on her sister.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:00 -0400)

When teenagers become the prey of a ritual killer in a small Georgia town, Sheriff Miranda Knight has no choice but to call the FBI, even if it means bringing Agent Bishop back into her life. Together Miranda's local force and Bishop's team solve the murders even as Miranda and Bishop face up to their dark past.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,919,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible